The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#223562 by filthmammoth
Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:55 am
That sounds delicious....

Lemon chicken fungus... all the taste of lemon chicken with the convenience of a single fungus...

Maybe you need to offer the plumber some of this wonder fungus to convince him.

A related thing I found on google that convinced me of the deliciousness of the fungi available in your bathroom. Tasty Lemon chicken fungal goodness

I seriously want to eat this fungi now...
#223565 by jackass
Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 am
motherfucker!!!

i tell ya, before today i thought i enjoyed your tunes. depending on mood i always liked your stuff, but today...

maaaaan, i listened to all the songs i could find off Addicted, and you bastard, you blew my mind. love it all

ive never bought one of your albums, but that will change on the 17th. keep up the work devy. you just made an extra $20
#223762 by zierk
Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 am
So... the album starts shipping tomorrow 8)

I'm cranking it right now through my headphones, and I can't wait till I can start cranking the high quality version through these ears!
#223801 by Wander
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm
jackass wrote:motherfucker!!!

i tell ya, before today i thought i enjoyed your tunes. depending on mood i always liked your stuff, but today...

maaaaan, i listened to all the songs i could find off Addicted, and you bastard, you blew my mind. love it all

ive never bought one of your albums, but that will change on the 17th. keep up the work devy. you just made an extra $20

Cool, a new Dev fan! I knew Addicted could make a couple of these.

Welcome to the forums.
#223863 by snaxe
Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 pm
I went straight for Supercrush! and it's incredible as I knew it would be. I've been thinking about it every day since the video of the vocal recording was posted on youtube, and I just couldn't wait to listen. I am however anxiously awaiting my hoodie and hard copy. Please keep making music for a long time, Devin.
#224991 by grindbastard
Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:39 pm
The best parts of Ocean Machine + the best parts of Physicist + Anneke + a few new tricks picked up along the way and... I'm addicted. This album is really infectious, and I was immediately reminded of what Devin said about Physicist (during an interview from ages ago), being "pop music from the future" or something to that effect. I think you could say that about Addicted as well. After listening to it several times over, I went back and had to listen to the Physicist album and reimagine it co-performed with Anneke (and with better production). Like "Hyperdrive", I'd love to hear "Namaste", "Material", "Kingdom", and "Irish Maiden" re-recorded in this context.

Supercrush is such a stellar track...it doesn't get any better than this. It and others on the album have the ebb and flow of Ocean Machine songs with some haunting melodies and some injected FUN. I've gotta admit that (being a LONG time DT fan) I had to give Ki some room to breathe before I felt a connection to it. After the first listen to Addicted, I became even more anxious to hear the next two albums of the four, and I can't wait to get the packaged cd.
Last edited by grindbastard on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
#224997 by Retribution
Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:03 pm
Am I the only one who likes the production of Physicist? :P
It has some kind of raw quality to the guitars that I like. Though at the same time it also gives of a polished vibe.
#225151 by grindbastard
Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:28 am
Retribution wrote:Am I the only one who likes the production of Physicist? :P
It has some kind of raw quality to the guitars that I like. Though at the same time it also gives of a polished vibe.

I thought the production to Physicist was really good until I've segued from that album into other Devin Projects. Try listening to anything off of Physicist and then switch to Addicted. Physicist is a great album...but as far as in comparison to the rest of Devin's catalog the mix doesn't seem to be up to snuff with the layering.
Last edited by grindbastard on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
#225181 by Robert23
Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:14 pm
grindbastard wrote:
Retribution wrote:Am I the only one who likes the production of Physicist? :P

I thought the production to Physicist was really good until I've segued from that album into other Devin Projects. Try listening to anything off of Physicist and then switch to Addicted. Physicist is a great album...but as far as Devin's catalog goes, but the mix doesn't seem to be up to snuff with the layering.

This.
#225589 by The Oid
Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:35 pm
I love the production on Physicist, but admittedly I'm not an audiophile, so I probably wouldn't notice things that would bother someone that knows a lot about production.

I love how much reverb there is on it though, gives the tracks a distant quality. The thickness of the tracks makes it surprisingly relaxing to listen to (at least for me), considering the fact that the music is heavy. I'd definitely buy a remixed version, but I think I'd prefer the original to the way it's supposed to sound.