The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#221688 by hog
Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:17 pm
Beautiful beautiful album.

All I can say is please go and buy the album if you download. I know you can do whatever the fuck you want to do but this album really needs support from the fans, lets show the world that the DTP rules.
#221689 by mushroom
Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:20 pm
Damn hearing the mp3 format makes me think how many quality has lost, i recently heard lossless devin records and was a trip (nothing related ti drugs!) so.. me want physical copy
#221692 by hog
Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm
mushroom wrote:Damn hearing the mp3 format makes me think how many quality has lost, i recently heard lossless devin records and was a trip (nothing related ti drugs!) so.. me want physical copy

Indeed Mushroom, yet another reason to purchase the album.
#221697 by Guffers
Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:05 pm
I'm actually finding it quite astonishing that Devin has managed to release two albums inside of 12 months that are both so incredibly strong. Its a great, great record. I stayed up until 6am listening to it last night, I only found out it leaked at around 4:30 when I was about to finally crash! Thanks for the music yet again Devin.
#221705 by Fadefury
Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:55 pm
So far with one listen I think Ki is a much much stronger album overall than Addicted. The weak points of Addicted for me are on the basis of all the female vocals. I've never been a fan of female vocals over aggressive instrumental and the remake of Hyperdrive would have to be the weakest song on the album for me. I'm all for guest vocals but not when the guest vocals is literally driving the album so much. The points where it's Devy doing his thing is exactly what I expected...Amazing. Maybe the female vocals will grow on me but I highly doubt it.

Oh and might I add that Bend It Like Bender works sooooo great with her vocals. The one song on the album that just fits for those vocals. I'm all for being up front and honest about how I feel on things and from what I know honesty is what Devy likes so all this is just my quick thoughts on the album after one listen.
#221715 by lemming
Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:21 pm
Its brilliant, I am reall enjoying this album. I had high hopes and it seems to have exceeded them. Some of the tracks are pretty different to what I expected in the teaser but thats a good thing I think. I found it pretty impossible not to smile while listening to Ih-Ah!, I think that song in particular was a lot better than I anticipated, the chorus harmonies are amazing. The whole album flows really well too. Congratulations!

Also the drums stand out as being particularly awesome
#221724 by elvendio
Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:55 pm
:shock: This is phenomenal! Will Anneke be touring with the band in North America? I can't wait for my copy and hoodie and hand drawn pic.
#221727 by BetaBeeblebrox
Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:05 pm
I think this may, in fact, be my first post on this forum (blame my apprehension about posting anything that is not in my mother tongue - Greek).

Yes, I downloaded it. I admit it. And I freaking love it. So much, in fact, that I very seriously doubt that I will get to listen to a single note from any other album for at least a month. I am, however, very keen on supporting the artists who (consistently) put out albums that I enjoy, therefore...

I will buy the album.
I will buy it for every single friend who has a birthday coming up in the months before Deconstruction comes out.
I do hope that Greece will be included in the tour itinerary.
If it is not, a friend of mine and I will travel to another country to attend a Devin Townsend Project gig.
We will buy a shitload of merch (I"m thinking one of everything available).

How's that for support?

And just in case Devin might be reading this, I would like to express my gratitude for his music keeping me a lot of company and very good company at that.
#221743 by hakmed
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:20 pm
who cares about leaks.. the album is fantastic.. maybe.. too much anneke on it.. like if you can 'deconstruct'.. what have you 'constructed'? a gathering album ala dev? whats next after part 4?
#221751 by HauntingTheHoly
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:41 pm
I have calculated the POWER LEVELS of each song on the album! You're all very welcome!

In order, the songs power levels are as follows:

1) Ih-Ah! - It's over nine thousand!
2) Addicted - 7,985
3) Universe in a Ball - 7,789
4) Supercrush - 7,503
5) Awake - 7,246
6) Numbered - 7,081
7) Resolve - 6,900
8) The Way Home - 5,782
9) Hyperdrive - 4,3701
10) Bend it like Bender - 2,222
#221752 by Octillus
Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:43 pm
HauntingTheHoly wrote:I have calculated the POWER LEVELS of each song on the album! You're all very welcome!

In order, the songs power levels are as follows:

1) Ih-Ah! - It's over nine thousand!

WHAT? NINE THOUSAND!?!