The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#221842 by Naffis-kun
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 am
Now, add your weight, age, pounds you can lift and how tall you are in inches, together and divide by 50. There’s your Power Level. The normal Human is between 5-8.

But Son Goku is OVER 9000!! Holy shit.
#221843 by dazbug
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 am
I couldnt resist, had to have a quick listen on youtube.....WOW

Dev, you HAVE to release Ih-Ah as a single, this is seriously an awesome radio friendly song, and one of the best ballads I've heard. Theres nothing more I would want than see you get the credit you deserve and get more people to enjoy ur music.!!!
#221844 by ScottMcTony
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:22 am
MSN wrote: but the problem with that is
it will be all the wrong people
they would be like “OMG THIS IS SUCH A GOOD”
then they would hear his actual good songs by which I meant his actual proggy ones, including most of this album
and be like
“EW I AM CONFUSE”
it would be like showing a Linkin Park fan St. Anger
then expecting them to like Master of Puppets
and feeling like you’ve done Metallica a favor
only it would be 500 times worse
since Metallica is huge anyway
and way more accessable than most Devin
also if Ih-Ah got popular somehow
then it would give srs music people the wrong impression of d
Devin
they may think he sucks when they are the ones who would love him

bold is me now.
#221864 by Guitarzan
Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:57 am
The first few tracks are, to me, the weakest. Supercrush is the first "wow" moment, and at track 4 that's a bit late. Especially since a "remake" is right after it. Side B of the record is, to my ears, far stronger than side A. Although a bit repetitive, but I guess that was the intention anyway.

I'm sure it's a grower, as every other Dev CD has been. I can tell that a LOT of work went into this, but after a few listens I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet. I doubt it will top Ki, but I'll give it time.
#221867 by FUBAR
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:03 am
KS and RTG wrote:Ih-Ah!

holy shit

I can't stop listening to it

This track is incredible, sounds so pure and honest, love it.
#221872 by ScottMcTony
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:18 am
Guitarzan wrote:The first few tracks are, to me, the weakest. Supercrush is the first "wow" moment, and at track 4 that's a bit late. Especially since a "remake" is right after it. Side B of the record is, to my ears, far stronger than side A. Although a bit repetitive, but I guess that was the intention anyway.

I'm sure it's a grower, as every other Dev CD has been. I can tell that a LOT of work went into this, but after a few listens I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet. I doubt it will top Ki, but I'll give it time.

I found the first two tracks stronger than anything on the B side except maybe Numbered.
#221873 by Lost Soul
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:18 am
Personally, I prefer to wait to receive the album to listen to him, question of respect to an artist who I love.

I find that bizarre, when as long as fan, people people does not arrive to wait for the physical release to discover the album...
During the reception of the album, there is no effect of suprise.
#221876 by ScottMcTony
Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 am
I am not adept at avoiding spoilers, and I definitely have friends who'd tell me such things as "The Way Home was dissapointing" and "Anneke did better vocals than Devin on this one" if I tried waiting. I get way more surprise listening now than listening later. And wouldn't it be equal at best?
#221888 by jason_becker_fanatic
Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:07 am
Ive gotta say that this album is incredible, to produce such a work in under 6 months is amazing.

The textures and layers are just mind blowing, and at the same time the songs are catchy and groovy!

Ive only listened to it once, and deleted it, i want it to drive me crazy for the two weeks because i cant listen to it and then recieve my pre order.

Incredible work dev! I would say that some of your very best singing is on this record!
#221895 by cjb
Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:38 am
I gotta say, the more I listen to it, the more the female vocals are growing on me too :)
great singalong choruses.............very uplifting and positive. cant wait to stick the cd in the car stereo and crank it up and sing along :mrgreen:
and my 5 year old daughter was jiggin' in the other room when I had bender playing earlier :mrgreen:
much respect dev 8)
#221897 by twoheadedboy
Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:47 am
FUBAR wrote:
KS and RTG wrote:Ih-Ah!

holy shit

I can't stop listening to it

This track is incredible, sounds so pure and honest, love it.

So true. This song already means so much to me.
#221902 by Tree
Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:02 am
BEST RECORD in some time!! well a couple of months really Ki was out this year too.... Hard to believe that 2 monster albums can be from one person and in one year!!

SUPERCRUSH! = amazing!!! :guitar:

Thanks Dev!
#221906 by ScottMcTony
Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:15 am
Alright I've been praising by omission with Addicted and that's not very clear so here is every specific thing I liked:
I loved the watery synth in Addicted, and the crazy solo. The general area around SAY WHAT? was the best part though.
Universe in a Ball has some nice irregular song structure and glitch vocals, as well as a decent riff yaaay.
Supercrush had my favourite vocals on the album, or at least my favourite Devin vocals on the chorus.
Hyperdrive was already amazing, and now it has better vocals, better guitar tone, much better drums, all that's obvious.
I fken loved the schizophrenic riffs in Resolve, and it probably had my second favourite Dev vocals all album.
Numbered has an awesome riff, and Anneke's vocals are very pretty on this one.