The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#222074 by Jbubs
Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:53 pm
ScottMcTony wrote:I bet you guys would not even like it if it had been by John Mayer, which it sounds like it could've been.

You're wrong, Continuum is a great album. Nice try trolling though.
#222076 by DoctorDoctor
Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:08 pm
Absolutely brilliant album!

Very rarely have any album hooked me like this one, i jus´t cant stop listening it!
I can hear Abba influences on supercrush´s verses, specially anneke´s vocal rhythm on first verse. Chiquitita!

All devin´s albums have been great and most of them fantastic but this might be the best, for me.
Hopefully we´ll see you in Finland next summer!

I´m addicted!
#222085 by soilworker12
Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 am
Devin Townsend, you my friend are a FUCKING MUSICAL GENIUS!!! Your like metal Jesus dude. I'm convinced. Addicted is a absolute MASTERPIECE. I've not stopped listening to this album ALL DAY. I was driving around enjoying the nice October day, smoking a bowl, and BLASTING Addicted and was having a emotional music moment. As many of you fellow Devy fans know im sure about those special moments when you hear an incredibly good album for the first time and it gives ya that warm feeling!! Supercrush! made me well up with tears it was so powerful. Even the one song that I admittedly initially was not feeling (BILB) finally made sense once I heard it in the entire context of the album and now it's honestly one of my favorite tracks on the album. Addicted is a monumental achievement dude I cant stress it enough your the man. 10/10 I already have pre-order on the way but I'm about to buy a bunch more copies to keep in the plastic for my collection. Thank you once again Mr. Townsend (or should I call you Jesus?) for brightening my day, putting a smile on my face and a tear in my eye, and creating the music that takes me to a different place every time I listen to it!!!!
#222087 by dfgsd
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:06 am
Hey, I've been around on these forums since DTP began, but this is my first time posting.

I just downloaded the leak, and I thought I needed to say how incredibly fantastic I'm finding it; definitely will buy it when it comes out.

Thanks for being so good to your fans, Dev!
#222090 by Fira
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:29 am
wow....

just wow!!!

i must admit, like others, i was alittle worried how much anneke would feature onthat album, and from hearing the teaser, i wasnt convinced 100% that it would work well...

but OH MY GOD, Dev, you didnt dissapoint! It all works brilliantly!

one question is : did OM get re-recorded too???

its hard to search on the board for "OM" related posts, as there are only 2 letters in it, and board search requires 3 letters.

wooooooooooooooooooot!
#222106 by Tyroshai
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:14 am
Well done, Dev. Congratulations, it's brilliant!
Just what I needed to hear right now. Thankyou :)
#222115 by Aurora Borealis
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:40 am
I'm stunned with this album, just as I was with Ki. I've gave it a few listens today and I believe that it is getting better and better each time that I hear it. Anneke is a great staple to this as well, wonderful singer.
#222127 by elvendio
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 am
Awake!!!!!!!!

That song should have had more exclamation marks in the title.
#222147 by zierk
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am
Hey man, excellent job with the album. I love the way the album rolls from one song to the next, creating a continuous cohesive rocking-out session.

I think Ki is still my favorite. One of my favorite artists is Ben Folds, and what I like most with his song writing is how he makes songs that sound simple on the surface, but when you take a minute to actually think about the song you realize how deep the themes are underneath. I think you mastered this with Ki, but this album is great in it's own respect. I can crank this album up and get shit done. I'm listening to it at work now, and I was able to clean the kitchen yesterday with Addicted cranked up.

This album is amazingly fun. I've got my head rocking and my fist pumping the entire time, and it feels great. As long as you're still doing your thing I'll be buying it, and I'm eagerly anticipating my hoodie and drawing.

Keep rocking man. Life is good!
#222165 by mrllama
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:18 am
I hate leaks.

Had one the other day, had to call a plumber and everything, my god plumbers ain't cheap!!

Well, at least i can have a shower again.
#222168 by Meshuggener
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:31 am
Robert23 wrote:
Estbarul wrote:Ok, after listening to Ki, Ithough that doing something better than it was going yo be nearly impossible, and I still think that, but, addicted, it´s still awesome, I just love In-Ah!...it´s just....so relaxing....love addicted, can´t wait for my CD!

Now I'm confused, because the MP3 titles it the same way you do. Is it Ih-Ah! or In-Ah!?

It's "Ih-Ah!" :)

Man this album has some serious bass to it! I think it's slightly less up-beat than I was expecting (which in a way i'm glad of,) and maybe slightly weirder lol but in a very good way! Totally epic, definitely a new classic from the meistro! I think I can see me listening to this more than Ki (not that I don't love that album!) Personal favourites atm are probly "Resolve!" "The Way Home!" and "Numbered!" This album absolutely flies by for me, I could waste days listening to this over and over!

So I think I will ^^

YES! :guitar:
#222196 by Nevaeh
Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 pm
Perhaps it's a grower, I'm finding it extremely hard to get into this. Perhaps its the mixing on it, not sure. There's no doubt I'll grab a copy of the 4 album pack, but meh. :(

Tons of people love it so my opinion hardly matters, keep it up Dev. x
#222203 by Lettuce
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 pm
Excellent Job Dev! Supercrush is definately my fave, the entire album flies by and before I know it I'm listening to Supercrush again 8)

islandsinthesky wrote:Dev, you're awesome. The exact opposite of that douchebag Matt Bellamy.

I have you know he did a fantastic job babysitting me back in the day.
#222212 by ironhead
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:44 pm
this album is incredible. lots of fun to listen to. i can't wait to get my hands on the cd.
thank you, devin. once again, you have exceeded already high expectations.