The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#277472 by wyldweasil
Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:11 pm
James S wrote:
Antiyou wrote:If it hasn't been mentioned, Dev's sig is in the new Guitar World Buyers Guide.

Pg 67.

best I can do in current light conditions on a macbook.

I saw that too, I had remembered somewhere them saying they wanted it to be around the $1000 mark also.

with an msrp of 1999.99 we can expect street price to be $1399.99
I know that's expensive, but think of what you're getting, there's no other guitar like this on the market, especially a Dev signature. I'm flat broke and still contemplating a purchase
#278044 by ppinkham
Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:25 pm
Over at sevenstring.org, people have been contacting various dealers and Peavey reps, and everyone seems to be getting different info. One guy was told that the MSRP was $2,060, one guy was told that they would be sold in Europe first to see how they do before the US gets them, if they ever do, etc. The whole thing is just getting weirder and weirder. Some of the folks over there are getting pretty put off by the whole thing, and starting to lose interest.

I'm not sure what the problem is, other than maybe Peavey has cold feet and is afraid to commit to a full run.
#278548 by rjnix_0329
Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 am
Hey ppinkham, I was the one from Sevenstring who was told 2060 MSRP, and the guy is still standing behind that number. In fact, he told me that if I pre-ordered and it went down, I would still be locked into the current price...seems like slightly shady business dealings to me. Anyway, nice to see another HevyDevy Forums guy over at Sevenstring :mrgreen:
#278736 by BenPuritanSlain
Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:38 am
my local guitar shop is a liscensed peavey dealer, and i asked him if he could find any information as GAK in the UK have a september release listed and a seven hundred and something pound price tag, but i hate GAK and dont want to give them my custom. He phoned his peavey rep and was told there is NO UK release date yet and there is NO rrp yet, and he was also told not to hold our breath on seeing it before 2012.... That conversation took place at about 3pm today, so theres a little up to date info!!
#278897 by HMJ
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 pm
Well I imagine the guitar is going to be shipped soon, the official peavey website has been updated to include the guitar among the available PXD series choices. >___>
#279588 by ppinkham
Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:00 am
The original specs said that it had alder wings, but the site now lists mahogany. The site also doesn't list Sperzel tuners, just "custom designed locking machine heads."

So it seems there have been some changes since first announced. I wonder if these changes were per Dev, or Peavey?
#280800 by mrbean667
Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:33 pm
ppinkham wrote:The original specs said that it had alder wings, but the site now lists mahogany. The site also doesn't list Sperzel tuners, just "custom designed locking machine heads."

So it seems there have been some changes since first announced. I wonder if these changes were per Dev, or Peavey?

I don't know of anyone who would want to have alder for their guitars...
#280864 by Derek
Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:04 am
mrbean667 wrote:
ppinkham wrote:The original specs said that it had alder wings, but the site now lists mahogany. The site also doesn't list Sperzel tuners, just "custom designed locking machine heads."

Steve Vai would. :mrgreen:
#281140 by Amakir
Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm
Derek wrote:
mrbean667 wrote:

Steve Vai would. :mrgreen:

Vai uses basswood actually.