The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#297663 by Hiddos
Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:23 am
swervedriver wrote:As much as I like Peavey, it seems they have really dropped the ball with this particular product. Such a shame.

That might be because of the current 'fight' going on between Devin and Peavey. I doubt they'd let their other signature stuff to be sold this bad.
#297664 by ppinkham
Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 am
I also think that Peavey may have thought there would be a bigger demand than there has been, and were not sure how many they should produce. I have a feeling this will be an extremely limited run. The guitar is not universal enough. I guarantee the only reason there is a neck pickup is because Peavey insisted on it in order to add at least some flexibility.
#297954 by DrDezard
Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:46 pm
Hopefully the Peavey will ship soon, after seeing his Framus. I'm considering taking the money i'd spend for the Peavey and put it towards a custom Framus. :) The more Peavey delays the sig the more the Framus idea will eat away at me. Grrrrr. lol. :p
#297998 by wyldweasil
Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:46 pm
ppinkham wrote:The guitar isn't delayed. It has been available for order since January, and I know of at least one person who received theirs in February. If you want one, you just have to ask your local Peavey dealer to order it for you.

which is great because my local Peavey dealership(the whole chain, Daddy's Junky Music) went under....
#298172 by ppinkham
Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:44 am
Talked to one of my contacts with Musician's Friend who contacted Peavey. He said they can order them, but the guitars are built on an order-by-order basis, and there is a 6 to 12 week wait.

So it doesn't look like you'll see these sitting in your local music stores anytime soon, if ever.
#298360 by wyldweasil
Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 am
ppinkham wrote:Talked to one of my contacts with Musician's Friend who contacted Peavey. He said they can order them, but the guitars are built on an order-by-order basis, and there is a 6 to 12 week wait.

So it doesn't look like you'll see these sitting in your local music stores anytime soon, if ever.

sounds about right for Musician's Friend. Probably would be "coming soon" on their website or "due 22 days"
#298377 by ppinkham
Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:27 pm
You really have to be pro-active with a lot of music retailers now, it seems. Well, the larger ones, anyway. There used to be a time when I had "a guy" here or there that could get me answers no one else could, and get me gear that most places never heard of. That was almost 20 years ago, and those guys are no longer in the business and they don't know anybody who still is. lol

I just don't see any retailers putting in an order to actually stock these guitars here in the states or even Canada. You may start seeing one or two in the stores overseas where Devin is much more popular, and metal is still a popular form of music.

Musician's Friend/Guitar Center (they are one and the same) are huge Peavey retailers, and they had zero information about these guitars when I talked to them. I have a local guitar shop that is a Peavey retailer, and they had heard nothing about this guitar. They even carry some of the other PXD models. Peavey must not have a lot invested in the guitar, or maybe have already consider it a loss, because it seems they have no real interest in actually selling it at this point.

I don't read guitar mags too often anymore, but has anyone seen the ads for this in any issues other than the first ones that ran earlier this year?
#298446 by HMJ
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm
ppinkham wrote:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151225601915597&set=o.152658690592&type=1&theater

This person received theirs in January. If you have ordered one and are still waiting, you should probably look into it.

So a couple weeks ago I e-mailed the manager of the local store and he would give me information as soon as he got some from Peavey. I haven't heard from him on it yet, so I took initiative and e-mailed them myself last week and I still have yet to hear from them. Only had a reply informing me that the customer service department would forward the e-mail to domestic sales. That Framus guitar is really starting to look like a very preferable choice over the Peavey right now.
#298494 by HMJ
Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:40 pm
So I discussed with my local store about why the young lady and her boyfriend own the guitar, and found out that the three Peavey Devin Townsend display models we're available for purchase after the NAMM show. Two of them were purchased by MCC( believe is what they are called) they are a Calgary guitar/instrument shop and one was purchased by a States shop. The boyfriend happened to have ordered the guitar from MCC and with two guitars available he got a display model. It's why that one and the other in the guitar store in Calgary are the only 2 in Canada. The reason why the guitars haven't been shipped yet is because the first batch were not up to max specifications so they delayed by Peavey and sent back to Asia to be redone. More information hopefully tomorrow because the manager of Campbell's Music is giving me information as soon as the Peavey Rep FGuy for Campbells gives him more information. Hope this information helps.
#298500 by ppinkham
Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm
HMJ wrote:So I discussed with my local store about why the young lady and her boyfriend own the guitar, and found out that the three Peavey Devin Townsend display models we're available for purchase after the NAMM show. Two of them were purchased by MCC( believe is what they are called) they are a Calgary guitar/instrument shop and one was purchased by a States shop. The boyfriend happened to have ordered the guitar from MCC and with two guitars available he got a display model. It's why that one and the other in the guitar store in Calgary are the only 2 in Canada. The reason why the guitars haven't been shipped yet is because the first batch were not up to max specifications so they delayed by Peavey and sent back to Asia to be redone. More information hopefully tomorrow because the manager of Campbell's Music is giving me information as soon as the Peavey Rep FGuy for Campbells gives him more information. Hope this information helps.

So does that mean the display models sold are not up to spec? I hope that isn't the case for those who purchased them.