The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#298526 by HMJ
Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 am
So does that mean the display models sold are not up to spec? I hope that isn't the case for those who purchased them.[/quote]

So far the display models are the only ones that have been built up to spec.
#298539 by mrpharm666
Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 pm
I am waiting for #2 to be shipped Friday. Bought the other one from music centre Canada. Hopefully it doesn't suck. The owner assured me that these models were custom built for namm, so you would think they wouldn't sent shit to be displayed.
#298545 by ppinkham
Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:43 pm
It does seem odd that they were able to build the NAMM ones to spec, but then suddenly couldn't build the rest to spec. I think Peavey is just telling people whatever comes to mind when someone asks. I have a feeling that the real reason for the delay is because they were hoping for more demand to justify a full production run, and they are waiting for more people to order.
#298632 by HMJ
Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Well from the little information I can share about the orders of the guitars is that they are out to sea, and that they are built to spec. From what Campbell's Music told me is that I should expect mine May 1st and I find that promising information, given that I also got a phone call from Devin Townsend himself while I was taking me chemotherapy treatments today. If you get to reading this Devin, thanks again, it really made my day.
#298652 by wyldweasil
Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:10 am
HMJ wrote:Well from the little information I can share about the orders of the guitars is that they are out to sea, and that they are built to spec. From what Campbell's Music told me is that I should expect mine May 1st and I find that promising information, given that I also got a phone call from Devin Townsend himself while I was taking me chemotherapy treatments today. If you get to reading this Devin, thanks again, it really made my day.

that's double awesome! Please post pics of the guitar when you do get it and good luck with your chemo!
#298658 by ppinkham
Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 am
HMJ wrote:Well from the little information I can share about the orders of the guitars is that they are out to sea, and that they are built to spec. From what Campbell's Music told me is that I should expect mine May 1st and I find that promising information, given that I also got a phone call from Devin Townsend himself while I was taking me chemotherapy treatments today. If you get to reading this Devin, thanks again, it really made my day.

Yeah, that is pretty much what Musician's Friend told me.

That is awesome Dev gave you a call. The man is a saint, and I'm sure it helped make a nasty day into something much better. Good vibes going your way from me, as well.
#298674 by HMJ
Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am
wyldweasil wrote:
that's double awesome! Please post pics of the guitar when you do get it and good luck with your chemo!

ppinkham wrote:
Yeah, that is pretty much what Musician's Friend told me.

That is awesome Dev gave you a call. The man is a saint, and I'm sure it helped make a nasty day into something much better. Good vibes going your way from me, as well.

Thanks the both of you, I look forward to posting pictures of my guitar, and hopefully I can get it signed by the man himself. That phone call is definitely something I won't forget anytime soon.
#299877 by HMJ
Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:37 pm
Hey everybody thanks to Campbell's Music and Peavey Electronics! Not only did I get that fantastic phone call from Devin Townsend on my first cycle of Chemotherapy! I also have this brand new US built model of the DTP 7 string Baritone which plays and sounds fantastic! They express shipped it to me from Mississipi after Campbell's Music e-mailed The Peavey Rep dealer and told them everything. Here ia could pictures I have of me and this beautiful guitar.
#300026 by HMJ
Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 pm
ppinkham wrote:Sweet! Definitely US built? I keep hearing they are being built overseas, so if that is true you have one heck of a collectors piece.

From the information I acquired from Campbell's Music and their employees is the model was express shipped to me while the Asian models we're or are still at sea, so it is definitely a US model. I still want to acquire the e-mail that the manager sent to Peavey that convinced them to go out of their way to do so.
#300665 by ppinkham
Wed May 02, 2012 7:37 pm
HMJ wrote:
ppinkham wrote:Sweet! Definitely US built? I keep hearing they are being built overseas, so if that is true you have one heck of a collectors piece.

From the information I acquired from Campbell's Music and their employees is the model was express shipped to me while the Asian models we're or are still at sea, so it is definitely a US model. I still want to acquire the e-mail that the manager sent to Peavey that convinced them to go out of their way to do so.

You should try and see if you can get documentation on where it was built, if possible. If it was made in the states, it would be the only one besides Devin's prototypes. I have spoken with two Peavey reps today who have told me that the only US built guitars are a couple of the prototypes they made for Devin. All the rest are being built at the Peavey factory in China. If you can get some documentation, then it would definitely increase the value of the guitar. Does it say "Made in the USA" on the head stock? The regular ones say "Made in China." If it says nothing, even that is a variant that could add value.

Another thing you can do is call Peavey with the serial number and ask them when and where it was built. I'm not sure if Peavey does it, but some manufacturers will send you a type of certificate with the date and place on it.

I have also discovered that the two MCC display guitars were made in China.
#301146 by Slingshotjr
Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm
just went into my peavey dealer today, theres a 6-8 week wait, but he said probably 8+ he also said that the guitar has been EXTREMELY popular according to peavey, and they only did a small test run at first but are now gearing up for a full run