The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#283335 by DrDezard
Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:13 pm
wyldweasil wrote:
fps wrote:... and the telecaster signature model jumped from it's introductory price of $899 to $1200 before it got discontinued in favor of the new model

That tele is awesome btw. I bought it at around the time they were switching the price. I think I paid $950 give or take. Now I'm just waiting patiently for Dev's sig to arrive at me doorstep (when ever that may be). The price still seems fair to me so I don't regret pre-ordering at all. I just knew that I didn't want to miss out on getting it. Just my 2¢ :)
#283357 by mrbean667
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:38 pm
Back when Dev started rocking Peavey guitars, my first thought was "Doesn't Peavey make amps?"

After all this fuss my thoughts are: "Peavey should stick to amps."
#283358 by ppinkham
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:53 pm
mrbean667 wrote:Back when Dev started rocking Peavey guitars, my first thought was "Doesn't Peavey make amps?"

After all this fuss my thoughts are: "Peavey should stick to amps."

Peavey can make quality guitars, as well. The Van Halen Peavey Wolfgang was a fantastic guitar. It was solid and consistent, and looked/sounded/played amazingly. I went to my local guitar store to buy the PRS I had been dreaming about for months, and walked out with the Peavey Wolfgang. Never regretted it. When Eddie Van Halen left Peavey to make his own EVH brand, the new Wolfgangs just don't play as well.

Doesn't mean the Devin guitar won't be shit, though.
#286565 by DrDezard
Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 pm
Just got an email from my Sweetwater rep and the guitar is on it's way soon!!!!! Fucking A, that was a long wait but so worth it. I figured I'd pass the word along.
#287949 by wyldweasil
Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:21 am
DrDezard wrote:Just got an email from my Sweetwater rep and the guitar is on it's way soon!!!!! Fucking A, that was a long wait but so worth it. I figured I'd pass the word along.

it's not on their site.
Also, last year I ordered an acoustic from them, and it was backordered, months they kept changing the date I eventually cancelled it and ordered it through someone else. Keep that in mind
#295571 by wyldweasil
Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:24 am
I was at Guitar Center and checked out the latest Guitar World, low and behold, ad on the first page was with Devy's mug promoting the guitar! Got excited for a bit then looked around guitar Center and saw no Dev guitars. Bummer.
#297642 by HMJ
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 pm
I'm still waiting on mine, I made my order last year in April. I e-mailed Peavey and they told me it would be to start shipping in mid February. I get an e-mail from the manager of the local instrument shop, and he informs me that my guitar should arrive within the first two weeks of March. It's now the third week and I don't think it should take a month for my guitar to come in, especially when I ordered it nearly a year ago. >.<
#297647 by James S
Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:12 am
HMJ wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, I made my order last year in April. I e-mailed Peavey and they told me it would be to start shipping in mid February. I get an e-mail from the manager of the local instrument shop, and he informs me that my guitar should arrive within the first two weeks of March. It's now the third week and I don't think it should take a month for my guitar to come in, especially when I ordered it nearly a year ago. >.<

My local shop had called Peavey about this guitar back in Jan of this year and they told them that it would be shipped out in the end or march I think. I guess Luckely I didn't drop any coin on it... :(
#297660 by ppinkham
Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:04 am
Local Guitar Center couldn't tell me shit (surprise!), but another local dealer contacted Peavey and said they could be special ordered, but it was at least 3 months out. That was just a few weeks ago.

I did see a facebook post from a guy in Canada who has received one, so they are available. It just looks like no one is carrying them and they have to be special ordered.
#297661 by swervedriver
Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:17 am
As much as I like Peavey, it seems they have really dropped the ball with this particular product. Such a shame.