All hail Ziltoid!
#164606 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:36 am
I'm sorry, but exactly what is it? A drum machine, an electronic drumkit module with a MIDI interface, I can't even begin to guess. Yeah I know I am shamed for not knowing this vital piece of info, the lashing will be in the town square @ 3pm.

#164608 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:06 am
Oh crap I just found out, it's SOFTWARE, for crying out loud. Damnit, I thought I'd Wikipedia'd it before and didn't find anything, oh well. Now I have a new toy that one day I would like to get.
#166615 by Matt Nevens
Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:39 pm
I dont know anyone who has ever used it but i couldnt get my head round a simple BOSS drum sampler on my BR1800 studio, so im no expert!
#166653 by Marijn
Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:57 am
The band Meshuggah used it as well. But I only know of it through Ziltoid The Omniscient. It is a hell of a nice tool! :D
#173612 by Devymetalnut
Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 am
My band have been using the DMF for a little while now in the studio for demos and samples, i highly recommend this software! The variety of samples/sounds is awesome and surprisingly is not too difficult to get to grips with. If its good enough for Devy and Meshuggah, its good enough for me!
#176405 by Dandamage
Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:16 pm
I use DKFH2 and it's pretty much the best drum software for a flesh and bones drums sound. Even in final recordings it can be tweaked with all the top notch techniques. Dam good program. But hard on the computer unless you brought one recently. I have two gigs and DKFH still maxes out my comp when Cubase is running.

I think Dev used a much more recent DKFH3 or DKFH superior which was used on Meshuggah's Catch 33 I think.
Not to sure but I've heard that Fredrick and Tomas(Mesh) helped "make" this program
#176628 by Aden
Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:45 pm
I think Tomas helped with sampling (recording the drum sounds and turning them into MIDI for the software)...

In the software you can select cymbals and things under the name of 'Haake' stuff... which isn't a name of any companies (i don't think)... so i reckon they are the sounds of his set up of his kit.

Its a good software though, but to get a reeaally good sound you'd have to get a proffesional producer. Meshuggah used it AMAZINGLY on Catch 33, it sounds so good... Devins use on the other hand i don't 100% like... bass drum sounds strange and the snare is too... plastic-ish... really short, and tight... Not bad though

I want the newest one out... Toontracks Superior Drummer 2.0
#206631 by lnetzel
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 pm
I use DFK on my songs and it's probably the only way to get that sound without your own "hogland". Personally, i salute Devin and Meshuggah (the Album Catch 33) for going at it with new techniques.

-> StopCuttingMyArmsOff, you obviously didn't knwo this when you heard the album so... do you dislike it now when you know?

-> Aden, i checked out SD 2.0 a bit and its a far more complex interface than using DFH with EZ Drummer. The thing that bummed me out about it is that there are no presets to learn from so you basically start with an empty room.. and then you have to build and put mics to your drumparts... big job to get started I thought, but I'm sure it sounds amazing once you get it going. otherwise "Addictive drums" have good sounds too..