All hail Ziltoid!
#180636 by Devymetalnut
Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:08 am
The Dev wrote:As lame as this may sound, I quit drinking coffee over 2 months ago. Green tea now. All day, every day.

Indeed!

I feel better.

Daaaaayum i just had two laarge mugs of the stuff, love it I can never quit the blackest of black that is coffee. Caffeine free baby. Sometimes.

And you can't fault a good cuppa tea and biccies, spose you've gotta like it if your a Brit hehe :D

Whats green tea like anyhow, never tried the stuff, just like good old PG tips and milk i spose.
#180641 by auldj
Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 am
Devymetalnut wrote:
The Dev wrote:As lame as this may sound, I quit drinking coffee over 2 months ago. Green tea now. All day, every day.

Indeed!

I feel better.

Daaaaayum i just had two laarge mugs of the stuff, love it I can never quit the blackest of black that is coffee. Caffeine free baby. Sometimes.

And you can't fault a good cuppa tea and biccies, spose you've gotta like it if your a Brit hehe :D

Whats green tea like anyhow, never tried the stuff, just like good old PG tips and milk i spose.

Green tea is tea leaves that haven't been burnt to hell, so they're still relativly fresh.

They have more of a lighter taste...almost grassy.

It can also be more bitter than black tea if it's left too long to brew (1 sugar recommended!) Brew for about 2 mins. I'd suggest getting a flavoured one to begin with if you're not used to it.

Anyone tried Russian Caravan tea? It's amazing
#180643 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:28 am
auldj wrote:Can you get twinnings in Canada or the States?

Hells yeah you can get it here! It's one of the best - although Tazo does a nice job with Chai.

Not a huge fan of Good Earth though... it's really cinnamon-y and kind of feels like one is drinking pepper. It burns! Am I alone on this one? :lol:
#180653 by Amber
Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:41 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:
Amber wrote:

Indeed!

I feel better.

Aww, nevermind then. I haven't tried green tea, but I drink normal tea :D With biscuits... I am too British!

No. Only those with the finest beverage preferences are cool in 2009.

You speak much truth. :D

Biscuits as in the buttermilk variety or biscuits as in the "British way of saying cracker" ? lol

Chocolate Digestives all the way 8)

And yes! I did hear about the UFO and the wind turbine. I am highly fascinated. I watched a report awhile ago, and it was basically a guy going "Uhm, uh, well. These people haven't studied it yet, so its probably a plane. They can sustain alot of damage you know."

But can they carry a wind turbine blade, with out any traces? I don't think so...

The MoD has no report as of yet... Should be interesting how this pans out.
#180673 by the-fluke
Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:34 pm
Amber wrote:And yes! I did hear about the UFO and the wind turbine. I am highly fascinated. I watched a report awhile ago, and it was basically a guy going "Uhm, uh, well. These people haven't studied it yet, so its probably a plane. They can sustain alot of damage you know."

But can they carry a wind turbine blade, with out any traces? I don't think so...

Yeah I've been following this. It does seem abit weird. I bet the MoD won't ever put out a report, they'll just say it wasn't worth the while, when all the time they'll have a file thicker than Andre the Giant's neck!!
#180674 by theoryman
Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:44 pm
Amber wrote:Well, I was travelling to college this morning, and reading the paper like the typical person, when one thing catches my eye.

Turns out, the colour of the universe is a kind of Beige, and its called "Cosmic Latte"
The universe and coffee run hand in hand, it would seem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_latte

EDIT: Maybe next time I'll pay attention to my crappy spelling in titles :P

Also, the universe hums in b-flat. http://www.beautyinmusic.com/misc_pages/the_big_note.htm

If I tried real hard to relate that to coffee, I'd say that your electric coffee pot uses A/C power. Alternating current is either 50hz or 60hz depending on where you live. 60hz is between b and b-flat, 50hz is between g and g-sharp. :mrgreen:
#180737 by Amber
Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm
the-fluke wrote:
Amber wrote:And yes! I did hear about the UFO and the wind turbine. I am highly fascinated. I watched a report awhile ago, and it was basically a guy going "Uhm, uh, well. These people haven't studied it yet, so its probably a plane. They can sustain alot of damage you know."

Yeah I've been following this. It does seem abit weird. I bet the MoD won't ever put out a report, they'll just say it wasn't worth the while, when all the time they'll have a file thicker than Andre the Giant's neck!!

Most likely. That, or I dunno, it spontaneously combusted, totally evaporating itself. Maybe I shouldn't give them ideas :P

And wow, that IS trying hard ;) Although, I find it kinda cool how the universe "hums." :D
#180756 by elvendio
Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:37 pm
Interesting. I thought the universe was bluish. Green tea is good Dev but to cut out coffee all together? Your not sick are ya? I prefer lightly roasted Coffee fresh ground even before bed yum yum!
#180759 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:33 pm
Speaking of the universe humming - you know what blew my mind when I found out about it?

Not too long ago, my brother was telling me about how the deepest sound to ever reach Earth came from an extinct Quasar which probably died... millions maybe billions of years ago, but it's signal was only received recently :D

AND the cool part is, the pitch was a B; but it was a B that was something like 81 octaves below the lowest B on an full-scale piano. So, people can't hear it, but I thought that was one of the most interesting things I've ever heard in my life.

Ahh, the sound and color of the universe, it's boggling. Carl Sagan would be proud of this thread.
#180763 by Beanie
Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:11 pm
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Speaking of the universe humming - you know what blew my mind when I found out about it?

Not too long ago, my brother was telling me about how the deepest sound to ever reach Earth came from an extinct Quasar which probably died... millions maybe billions of years ago, but it's signal was only received recently :D

AND the cool part is, the pitch was a B; but it was a B that was something like 81 octaves below the lowest B on an full-scale piano. So, people can't hear it, but I thought that was one of the most interesting things I've ever heard in my life.

Ahh, the sound and color of the universe, it's boggling. Carl Sagan would be proud of this thread.

That IS very interesting! Thank you for sharing that with us.

I like herbal teas that dont have caffine. Anything with caffine makes my heart feel like its beating out of my chest and it makes me feel nervous and anxious. I can go on for ages on how amazing bubbletea is but Im sure mostly people know how awsome it is to be able to eat and drink something at the same time! Mwahahaha!
#180769 by BrunoN
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:56 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Not too long ago, my brother was telling me about how the deepest sound to ever reach Earth came from an extinct Quasar which probably died... millions maybe billions of years ago, but it's signal was only received recently :D

I'm pretty sure Meshuggah's already working on achieving that sound.
#180773 by grrrv
Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:38 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Not too long ago, my brother was telling me about how the deepest sound to ever reach Earth came from an extinct Quasar which probably died... millions maybe billions of years ago, but it's signal was only received recently :D

Sorry, but it's nonsense. There's no sound withouth atmosphere (or some other medium), so no sound can come from space. Also, the lowest keys on a piano are about 30 Hz, and 30 * (0.5^81) = 1.2×10^-23, meaning one cycle of the sound would take 2.6×10^15 years, many many times longer than the age of the universe...

Mmmm, coffee... :)
#180789 by Biert
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
BrunoN wrote:

I'm pretty sure Meshuggah's already working on achieving that sound.

Also known as "the brown note".
#180809 by Lawrence
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 pm
grrrv wrote:

Sorry, but it's nonsense. There's no sound withouth atmosphere (or some other medium), so no sound can come from space. Also, the lowest keys on a piano are about 30 Hz, and 30 * (0.5^81) = 1.2×10^-23, meaning one cycle of the sound would take 2.6×10^15 years, many many times longer than the age of the universe...

Mmmm, coffee... :)

Nerd. :D