All hail Ziltoid!
#180820 by Amber
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:22 pm
Beanie wrote:
I like herbal teas that dont have caffine. Anything with caffine makes my heart feel like its beating out of my chest and it makes me feel nervous and anxious. I can go on for ages on how amazing bubbletea is but Im sure mostly people know how awsome it is to be able to eat and drink something at the same time! Mwahahaha!

Hmm, do you have hyperactivity maybe? My mumma had symptoms like that, and she had it. It seems to have pretty much gone now though :D

And Lawrence, did you just work that out yourself, or did you find it out? :shock:
#180825 by The Oid
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:33 pm
grrrv wrote:Sorry, but it's nonsense. There's no sound withouth atmosphere (or some other medium), so no sound can come from space. Also, the lowest keys on a piano are about 30 Hz, and 30 * (0.5^81) = 1.2×10^-23, meaning one cycle of the sound would take 2.6×10^15 years, many many times longer than the age of the universe...

I've read a couple of articles about the "sound" of space, it's a bit misleading, as they're talking about radio-waves rather than sound. I don't know if they process those radio-waves to get the sound, or if they just convert it to sound in the way that a normal radio would.
#180843 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 pm
The Oid wrote:
grrrv wrote:Sorry, but it's nonsense. There's no sound withouth atmosphere (or some other medium), so no sound can come from space. Also, the lowest keys on a piano are about 30 Hz, and 30 * (0.5^81) = 1.2×10^-23, meaning one cycle of the sound would take 2.6×10^15 years, many many times longer than the age of the universe...

I've read a couple of articles about the "sound" of space, it's a bit misleading, as they're talking about radio-waves rather than sound. I don't know if they process those radio-waves to get the sound, or if they just convert it to sound in the way that a normal radio would.

Right - perhaps "sound" wasn't a good word to use; What The Oid mentioned is probably a better way to describe it. However, I didn't just make that information up; I believe the story came from Science magazine, but it was a while ago and I don't remember all the details. In any case, that's the best I can do.

And yes, BrunoN.... Meshuggah is getting there, they'll nail it in no time 8)
#180860 by grrrv
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:
The Oid wrote:

Right - perhaps "sound" wasn't a good word to use; What The Oid mentioned is probably a better way to describe it. However, I didn't just make that information up; I believe the story came from Science magazine, but it was a while ago and I don't remember all the details. In any case, that's the best I can do.

I went looking and found the article http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/blackhole_note_030909.html. See also this one: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mystery_monday_030922.html. It is a real sound they're talking about, but it exists only in the gasses around a black hole. The sound itself never reaches earth, but they used some X-ray telescope to see the vibrations and recognise it as a sound. Oh, and it's a B-flat, and "only" about 50 octaves below what you can hear :)

Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:And yes, BrunoN.... Meshuggah is getting there, they'll nail it in no time 8)

Yeah, they should just get a black hole on stage :D
#180863 by Persuader
Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:55 am
The Dev wrote:As lame as this may sound, I quit drinking coffee over 2 months ago. Green tea now. All day, every day.

Indeed!

I feel better.

Wow, you were'nt kidding when you said you're sober now. 8) Not even cigarettes?
Or maybe you've never been a smoker?
#180874 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 pm
grrrv wrote:
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:
The Oid wrote:

I went looking and found the article http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/blackhole_note_030909.html. See also this one: http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/mystery_monday_030922.html. It is a real sound they're talking about, but it exists only in the gasses around a black hole. The sound itself never reaches earth, but they used some X-ray telescope to see the vibrations and recognise it as a sound. Oh, and it's a B-flat, and "only" about 50 octaves below what you can hear :)

Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:And yes, BrunoN.... Meshuggah is getting there, they'll nail it in no time 8)

Yeah, they should just get a black hole on stage :D

Ahhhhh alright. I was trying to find the article too yesterday, and couldn't turn it up - thanks for hunting it down! :D Very interesting, and much appreciated!
#181025 by Amber
Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:55 pm
Wow cool stuff.

I found another random thing about caffeine...

Apparently, 3 strong cups of black coffee can make you "more likely to sense the dead (As in, spirits I presume.) and "hear voices"

It would take about 12 cups of weak tea.

How interesting. I wonder how you do a study for that though. :P
#181030 by Biert
Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:10 pm
3 cups of coffee a day makes your tits smaller. There!
#181046 by Lawrence
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:56 am
Amber wrote:Wow cool stuff.

I found another random thing about caffeine...

Apparently, 3 strong cups of black coffee can make you "more likely to sense the dead (As in, spirits I presume.) and "hear voices"

It would take about 12 cups of weak tea.

How interesting. I wonder how you do a study for that though. :P

That was on GMTV haha,

If you want a kick drink a can of relentless.. thats where its at
#181096 by FUBAR
Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Synthetic_Urination wrote:Ha I haven't seen a can of Relentless in a while... lol

That orange flavoured relentless is the sweetest drink ever,mmm so very very nice.
#181139 by Lawrence
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:46 pm
FUBAR wrote:
Synthetic_Urination wrote:Ha I haven't seen a can of Relentless in a while... lol

That orange flavoured relentless is the sweetest drink ever,mmm so very very nice.

Ive only ever drank the original
#181142 by FUBAR
Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:08 pm
Lawrence wrote:
FUBAR wrote:

Ive only ever drank the original

Your missing out!
#181151 by hairbearbunch
Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:00 pm
Waking up with a strong cuppa Java, :shock:

Shop in Oz called Happy Healthy Herbs, (previously Happy Herbal Highs), explored some interesting teas from them, for a lovely tasting, great feeling tea, can't go past Damiana, good for erotic dreaming too, another good one for fun in dreams is Mugwort, or calea (bit bitter though).

So is B flat our (present) note in the Grander Universal orchestration? And our spectrum of the Greater Light show, 'out there' (and 'in here' (your body)) light can be sound and sound can be light.
#181176 by Amber
Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:44 pm
Now that sounds like some interesting tea :P And shop. I'm not surprised it got renamed :P

I got my news from the Metro, the free paper for poor people on the train 8)
And energy drinks are evil. Taste gross and what they do to your liver is worse.

So is B flat our (present) note in the Grander Universal orchestration? And our spectrum of the Greater Light show, 'out there' (and 'in here' (your body)) light can be sound and sound can be light.

Wow, thats a cool mental image... All I can imagine is someone writing out the 'tune' of the universe and all it's colours from one awesome organ. :D