All hail Ziltoid!

#151882 by Lancefestivalen
Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:54 am
I figured that was Ziltoid ending up behind the counter in that coffee shop (oh, the irony!) after failing his quest for world (or universal) domination...

#151885 by Biert
Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:25 am
"Ziltoid The Omniscient" is just Devin protesting the slow service at Starbucks or whatever. The staff is daydreaming instead of taking orders and helping costumers. Devin got annoyed and spewed his frustration through this album :lol:

#151955 by Deathcom7000
Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:56 pm
The highlights of the album for me are...

"I'M ZILTOID, I DONT GIVE A SHIT
I LIVE ABOVE EARTH IN A BIG ROCKET SHIP!"

"ALL I WANT TO BE IS THE UNIVERSE"

"YOU ARE A PUPPET"

#151958 by Noodles
Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:33 am
Deathcom7000 wrote:The highlights of the album for me are...

"I'M ZILTOID, I DONT GIVE A SHIT
I LIVE ABOVE EARTH IN A BIG ROCKET SHIP!"

"ALL I WANT TO BE IS THE UNIVERSE"

"YOU ARE A PUPPET"

those and all of The Greys really do it for me. And the "please do not release the planet smasher mighty ziltoid" part.

#151996 by The Oid
Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:40 pm
I love the part in Planet Smasher where it goes "Tell me what you want from me", and then into the "All I want to be is the universe" part. It's very catchy.

That and the "Please do not release the planet smasher mighty Ziltoid" part that was already mentioned.

#151998 by :)
Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:47 pm
HEY SLACKER!

#152865 by TallNerdGuy
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:24 am
Having listened to the album multiple times now, there are so many parts to it that really pop out and grab your attention. From the ending of "By Your Command" to the revelation of Ziltoid's true reality in "Color Your World." My favorite part has to be the transition from the ambient "Hyperdrive" to the awesome chugging-metal sound of the "N9" intro. I also liked the "I'm already gone!" that Dev threw in there...props to Ocean Machine!

#152930 by AlucardXIX
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:51 pm
Liquid wrote:I honestly have thought about it a lot, and I'm certain my favorite part of the whole album is that ridiculous bass drop on Planet Smasher when Herman comes in and says "cherish the mind." It gets me every time. Freaking awesome. Well, the whole album rocks, but that part is one I keep tracking back to. :)

Best part is if you have a good system on your computer/car with some nice subs that can handle ridiculous bass!

#153145 by King Ghidorah
Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 pm
*Warning pointlessly geeky fact incoming*

The "cherish the mental weapon "line from Planet Smasher is borrowed from Stabbing the drama by Soilwork.

I love when Dev does things like that, using stuff and makes it his own.

Anyway i hope you are all having a pleasant day or night.

#153168 by Rockinharry
Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:56 am
"Begone! Foul pest! and btw, the names´s Herman and I hate musicals!" :lol:

The Planet smasher is one favourite of mine!...and btw, I hate musicals as well. :twisted:

Love the ending with that fatt brass like sounding layer before the last chorus part! Very dramatic! Heavy guitars and brass sections fit well together at times and Devin makes good use of non metal like instruments that you would more expect to hear in Trance or Teccno style music. :shock: 8)

#153178 by Yanko
Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:49 am
Rockinharry wrote:"Begone! Foul pest! and btw, the names´s Herman and I hate musicals!" :lol:

The Planet smasher is one favourite of mine!...and btw, I hate musicals as well. :twisted:

Love the ending with that fatt brass like sounding layer before the last chorus part! Very dramatic! Heavy guitars and brass sections fit well together at times and Devin makes good use of non metal like instruments that you would more expect to hear in Trance or Teccno style music. :shock: 8)

i did this song once that had epic bassy brasses on top of a meshuggah-esque riff and drums, thanks for being the only person to ever mention that kind of thing is cool :lol:

#153326 by Rockinharry
Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:35 am
Yanko wrote:
Rockinharry wrote:"Begone! Foul pest! and btw, the names´s Herman and I hate musicals!" :lol:

i did this song once that had epic bassy brasses on top of a meshuggah-esque riff and drums, thanks for being the only person to ever mention that kind of thing is cool :lol:

I remember there was another song on The New Black that has some cool brass sections added. There´s surely way more to be found on Dev´s records... 8)

epic bassy brasses on top of a meshuggah-esque riff and drums?!

Cool! 8) Anywhere there I can listen to it?

#153360 by Yanko
Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:16 pm
Rockinharry wrote:
Yanko wrote:

I remember there was another song on The New Black that has some cool brass sections added. There´s surely way more to be found on Dev´s records... 8)

unfortunately, no. At least not yet
it's terribly sampled so far :oops:
who knows, maybe some day i get to record this crap properly :lol:

#153700 by Rockinharry
Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:09 am
Yanko wrote:
Rockinharry wrote:
Yanko wrote:

unfortunately, no. At least not yet
it's terribly sampled so far :oops:
who knows, maybe some day i get to record this crap properly :lol:

Sometime...

just remember, Black Sabbath had another song layered with brass on their Never Say Die album. Don´t know song title, but sounds very heavy. 8)

#153703 by Ike
Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 am
try to find the song "autumn" by waltari. excellent chorus with power metal drumming/guitars and a laaaarge brass section over it.
that combination is totally underrated. i mean, brass instruments are MADE OF metal :D