All hail Ziltoid!
#286508 by debs
Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:30 am
Octillus wrote:
ppinkham wrote:Dev has a bigger fanbase overseas, so I can understand wanting to cater to them. Really makes no sense to have a N.A. based store if the majority stuff is sold to the funny-talking folks over there.

I'm not disagreeing, but unless I'm picking stuff up at a gig, I tend not to buy anymore when I used to buy constantly.

I usualy get all my band stuff at gig cause none of the shops sell anything like that anymore. I getting a t-shirt and a puppet in London hope the puppets don't get sold out ^-^
#286517 by ppinkham
Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 am
debs wrote:
Octillus wrote:
ppinkham wrote:Dev has a bigger fanbase overseas, so I can understand wanting to cater to them. Really makes no sense to have a N.A. based store if the majority stuff is sold to the funny-talking folks over there.

I'm not disagreeing, but unless I'm picking stuff up at a gig, I tend not to buy anymore when I used to buy constantly.

I usualy get all my band stuff at gig cause none of the shops sell anything like that anymore. I getting a t-shirt and a puppet in London hope the puppets don't get sold out ^-^

That's always the best way to do it, for sure. When I was living in Colorado, the are in which I lived was a little remote, so ordering online was pretty much all I did for anything you couldn't find at Walmart. I kind of became accustomed to things like shipping charges and such.

It was nice to actually go to a Dev show and buy a shirt and a couple of puppets. Dev's merch prices are resonable at the venues. I remember back in the 90's some of the big bands were charging $35 - $40 for t-shirts at the venues, and the quality was shit! Metallica! Yes, you! I am looking in your direction!

I still have every tour shirt I've ever purchased. I had a girlfriend for a while that had this great idea of turning my old shirts into quilts and throw-pillows, but she never got around to it. I still like that idea, though. Someday I'll either learn to do, or have someone do something like that for me.
#286835 by ffian1
Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:00 pm
Mine arrived yesterday.

..But I'm not allowed to see it or hold it or drink with it until Christmas.

I hate your birthday party being so far away, Jesus!
#286837 by ppinkham
Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 pm
ffian1 wrote:Mine arrived yesterday.

You know, some scholar's believe that Jesus was actually born in Spring, therefore you are way past due for opening it.
#286883 by fragility
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:09 am
ppinkham wrote:
ffian1 wrote:Mine arrived yesterday.

You know, some scholar's believe that Jesus was actually born in Spring, therefore you are way past due for opening it.

This is logic I like.

Everyone seems to have been debating this whole "what would Jesus do" thing for so long - clearly the answer is "open up his Ziltoid doll and waste considerable chunks of his life playing with a puppet"
#286940 by junkmonkey
Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:26 am
Has anyone who was not able to get their puppet at the VIP gotten theirs yet? They said they would mail them to us but we (my 2 friends and myself) haven't received'em yet. Just wondering if anyone else has?
#287098 by Manwards
Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:37 pm
YESSSSSSSSSS~

For bonus points, spot the two DTP logos!
#287129 by junkmonkey
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 pm
Well more specifically the North American VIP, even more specifically the West Chester show lol. I see a DTP logo on the wrist! :P
#287131 by Manwards
Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:52 pm
junkmonkey wrote:I see a DTP logo on the wrist! :P

Haha, there's also one on my hoodie, in the bottom-right!
#287177 by Edkaye
Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am
ppinkham wrote:
Edkaye wrote:Man, I hope they put it up for sale from Hevydevy, shipping from OMerch to Canada is pretty steep!

The O Merch site is the HevyDevy store now, unless Dev puts them up on eBay.

Oh, I realize that. I meant to put "for sale from Hevydevy, or on eBay".

The frustrating thing is that I'm from UK, but moved to Canada about 7 years ago. Back then I had to order all my Devin stuff from the Canadian store, and Devin didn't used to do a lot of gigs in the UK. Now I live in BC though, pretty close to where Devin actually lives, and I now have to order merch from the UK. Also, it feels like he does a gig there like every week now! I might be exaggerating there :)

It didn't used to be too bad doing it Canada to UK, because the exchange rate meant you'd get a great deal. Going the other way is nasty though. Shipping alone on the puppet is close to $15!

Maybe I'll try and catch him on Twitter and see if there are eBay plans...
#287178 by Edkaye
Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:42 am
ppinkham wrote: I remember back in the 90's some of the big bands were charging $35 - $40 for t-shirts at the venues, and the quality was shit! Metallica! Yes, you! I am looking in your direction!

They still do up here. I went to see Slayer a couple of months ago, and the shirts were going for $40 each. They were shit quality too (American Apparel), and also had Rob Zombie on them. I passed, then when I got home and went to their site and saw they were flogging t-shirt from the last tour for $12!

The only thing about getting merch at gigs is the HUGE line-up, then having to hold on to all your shit while you get kicked around int he pit. I've learnt from experience never to buy anything breakable :)
#287214 by debs
Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:01 pm
Edkaye wrote:
ppinkham wrote: I remember back in the 90's some of the big bands were charging $35 - $40 for t-shirts at the venues, and the quality was shit! Metallica! Yes, you! I am looking in your direction!

They still do up here. I went to see Slayer a couple of months ago, and the shirts were going for $40 each. They were shit quality too (American Apparel), and also had Rob Zombie on them. I passed, then when I got home and went to their site and saw they were flogging t-shirt from the last tour for $12!

The only thing about getting merch at gigs is the HUGE line-up, then having to hold on to all your shit while you get kicked around int he pit. I've learnt from experience never to buy anything breakable :)

heh i only get t-shirt that are £20 if your luckly hope there n in my bugget wanted a hoode but trying to keep some money, also i'll be geting my puppet hen i get there and annoying people with it. Sometimes things online are cheaper then the gigs
#287876 by arkturus
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm
junkmonkey wrote:Has anyone who was not able to get their puppet at the VIP gotten theirs yet? They said they would mail them to us but we (my 2 friends and myself) haven't received'em yet. Just wondering if anyone else has?

Still haven't gotten mine either. I was at the Baltimore show. I tried contacting Dev through Twitter and didn't get a response :cry:
#288294 by flammable
Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:37 pm
junkmonkey wrote:Well more specifically the North American VIP, even more specifically the West Chester show lol. I see a DTP logo on the wrist! :P

I was at the same show (with my brother), VIP, and neither of us have received puppets either.