All hail Ziltoid!
#304437 by debs
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:04 am
so here the old t-shirt design:
I was thinking of making a new one, as that one has its issues due to colouring, was thinking of making a circus one for the October show what you think.
#304440 by debs
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 am
oh good idea it be cheaper then what it was to make my last ziltoid t-shirt (which is in my room) XD fabric pain easy to find i've seen fabric markers to
#304441 by Lettuce
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:52 am
Fabric markers are better on white and light shirts, and you have to be able to use em properly (even colour, consistent lines etc.). I'm currently using Golden because I like the brand and I can get it in small amounts, but this stuff is fucking wicked-

May I ask how you did your last one and can I see it?
#304445 by Lettuce
Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:29 am
Nah babe, that's a heat press transfer. You can actually do that at home with an inkjet printer inexpensively, my buddies and I used to do that in 6th form; except we'd cut the printed designs out with scalpels before ironing them on. It looks good for about five minutes, but it does not last. Also I have a laser printer now which doesn't work with transfer paper.
Standard band shirts (I don't even need to show you, you'll have loads about) are screen printed, usually with a limited colour palette with each colour layered one at a time. This is done with a fine mesh screen with the negative of the design blocked out, so it works as a stable stencil. These are expensive to commission and very complicated to produce at home. Your best bet is to sketch out your design on the shirt (graphite if it's light, white chalk pencil if it's dark) then using fabric paint in thin, gradually built up even layers.
#304450 by debs
Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am
Lettuce wrote:Nah babe, that's a heat press transfer. You can actually do that at home with an inkjet printer inexpensively, my buddies and I used to do that in 6th form; except we'd cut the printed designs out with scalpels before ironing them on. It looks good for about five minutes, but it does not last. Also I have a laser printer now which doesn't work with transfer paper.
Standard band shirts (I don't even need to show you, you'll have loads about) are screen printed, usually with a limited colour palette with each colour layered one at a time. This is done with a fine mesh screen with the negative of the design blocked out, so it works as a stable stencil. These are expensive to commission and very complicated to produce at home. Your best bet is to sketch out your design on the shirt (graphite if it's light, white chalk pencil if it's dark) then using fabric paint in thin, gradually built up even layers.

oh yeah it heat pressed >->' and yeah i did screen print in 1st and 2nd year wish arcylic paint and medium at uni so i kow the process i one colour at a time. Oh i like your idea thank for advocie i prob sketch it on sketch book to get a good shape and stuff then sketh it ont t-shirt the paint it.
#305201 by debs
Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am
more spam so bump:

Initial sketch

sketch 2 didn't like cause of the wheel

sketch 3 final although slightly messed up design:
Messed up the cloak but i can sort that out on t-shirt