All hail Ziltoid!
#316447 by akeygon
Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 am
CD says Devin did all the drum programming (really superb, does not sound like the machine at all), but to me it reminds me very close the style of Ryan, some time I would bet he did the drumming in person. Ryan did not answer me on FB, perhaps he did not read this question of mine, maybe somebody here knows more...
#316453 by Hiddos
Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:07 am
It's definitely programmed by Devin himself using Toontrack's EZDrummer with Drumkit from Hell. I've read online that Devin once said that he didn't EQ anything in the drumkit, just added some reverb etc.
Having worked with the Drumkit from Hell myself, it certainly does sound like a machine. I'd suggest staying out of the way of using/trying the DfH if you have no real business with it (for the sake of keeping the sound real for yourself).

I can't hear Ryan's style directly in the album, but Ryan did play a the full album (well, to the extent of what's humanly possible) on the Tuska festival in Finland in 2011. I'm not sure, but I think there are recordings of this show. They haven't been released though.