All hail Ziltoid!
#318058 by Mr.J
Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:58 pm
Coincidentally; I love Sleepytime Gorilla Museum now. Thanks Dev!
#318168 by stuz
Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:40 pm
Waiting for the YouTube video, here's the tracklist from Ziltoid Radio episode 2:

1. Intro (Z2 snippets)
  2. Stray Cats - Rock This Town
  3. Myrkskog - Discipline Misanthropy
  4. Aqua - Barbie Girl
  5. Skrillex feat. Sirah - Bangarang
  6. Clutch - Earth Rocker
  7. Nickelback - Burn it to the ground
  8. SquarePusher - Full Rinse (Ziltoid's freestyle)
  9. Wesley Willis - Alanis Morissette
  10. Jane's Addiction - True Nature
  11. Nomeansno - Two Lips, Two Lungs and One Tongue
  12. Beneath The Massacre - Condemned
  13. Beyonc
Last edited by stuz on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
#318169 by TerminX
Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:41 pm
Only Dev can make a list that includes Skrillex, Slipknot and Nickelback and NONE of them are the worst part of the list

Spoiler: show
It's all opinion of course, but for the curious, I made this video a while back coincidentally

Opinions aside

I missed most of the episode due to a bit of confusion on the Facebook page (It said 10:00 GMT.. It aired at 11:00 GMT, he was looking for GMT+1. I ended up being an hour late), so I sent a message to the guy that uploaded the last video. He told me he was gonna wait until Tuesday-Wednesday to upload it, for some reason. Something about respect. Respect to Team Rock, I guess? I don't really get it. But regardless, it should be up in a few days.
#318171 by stuz
Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:20 am
TerminX wrote:I sent a message to the guy that uploaded the last video. He told me he was gonna wait until Tuesday-Wednesday to upload it, for some reason. Something about respect. Respect to Team Rock, I guess? I don't really get it.

That guy is me :D
As i said, it is a matter of respect for the work of the guys at TeamRock. If I upload the video the day after, a lot of people perhaps won't go to their website to listen to it because they could say "oh, never mind, i'll listen to it tomorrow on youtube". With a delay of a few days i hope people will go on teamrockradio.com to not lose it nor wait about a week for the video to be uploaded. Dev himself said the more are the listeners when show is on air, the more are the possibilities for the show to continue ;)

The initial idea was to upload the whole thing when official podcast comes out on teamrockradio.com, but I can't keep all of you calm until that day :D
Hope you understand.

Anyway, for the updates about the YouTube channel and videos, there is the relative Google+ page. ;)
Last edited by stuz on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
#318172 by TerminX
Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:41 am
Aaaah. Well hi then!

It makes a lot more sense when you explain it like that. I hadn't thought about people skipping the broadcast to watch the upload the next day or something, but that definitely makes sense.

Makes it suck more when you miss it due to shit circumstance, but I can deal for another day or two.
#318177 by Manwards
Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 am
Love the first two shows! Hilarious commentary and great music. I love metal and I love cheesy crap so it's all good to me. It's also the exact same length as my walk to work in the morning/evening. Perfect!

Hopefully some nice clean 320kbps MP3s will show up at some point, either from someone's rips or from Devy himself. The On Demand section of Team Rock's site cuts off the end of both shows (only 30 seconds in the first show, but a good few minutes in the second show), and the audio quality is only 192kbps.
#318193 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:13 am
The thought of a giant shark being launched from the mouth of a 700 foot Ziltoid into a crowded stadium is one of the best things to enter my mind all day.
#318202 by catharsis
Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:09 am
Mr.J wrote:Coincidentally; I love Sleepytime Gorilla Museum now. Thanks Dev!

heh nice. I've loved SGM since "Grand opening and closing;" still waiting for their 4th album to come out. cool to see dev likes/even knows about em.

loving these radio broadcasts. really unique hearing these songs with Ziltoid talking over em and I like how some of the songs transition into each other. anyone have a tracklist for the 1st broadcast?
#318209 by TerminX
Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:29 pm
Ask and ye shall receive

01. Samael "On Earth"
02. Owl City "Fireflies"
03. Shining "Madness and the Damage Done"
04. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum "The Donkey-Headed Adversary of Humanity Opens the Discussion"
05. Spice Girls "Spice Up Your Life"
06. Daft Punk "Derezzed"
07. Meshuggah "Do Not Look Down"
08. Lou Bega "Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of...)"
09. Minor Threat "Straight Edge"
10. Enya "Orinoco Flow
11. deadmau5 "One Trick Pony"
12. Gojira "Backbone"
13. The Prodigy "Run With the Wolves"
14. Black Dogs "Savages"
15. Vengaboys "We Like to Party!"
#318218 by sesameseedbun
Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:34 am
I analyzed the show's website with Jdownloader and there's the episode 2 "Super Extended Edition". There doesn't seem to be much more to it, it's 15 minutes longer but from what I could hear it just has more of the shows before and after Ziltoid. Still, it's in good quality MP3 and OGG. Jdownloader also found links for the first episode in MP3 and OGG as well, but they appear to be offline. Did anyone get to save them? I want a good download of episode 1 (the one stuz made is pretty cool, but there are white noise bursts here and there).
#318287 by stuz
Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 pm
Guys, the party's over for my youtube channel.
TeamRock sent a copyright complaint and videos have been removed.
No more videos on my channel in future, sorry. :cry:
It was nice while it lasted. :wink:
#318344 by TerminX
Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:06 pm
stuz wrote:Guys, the party's over for my youtube channel.
TeamRock sent a copyright complaint and videos have been removed.
No more videos on my channel in future, sorry. :cry:
It was nice while it lasted. :wink:

That's a shame. We appreciate your efforts !

Here's this week's setlist, for those that missed it/are curious about a song:
Spoiler: show
01. Barkmarket "Visible Cow"
02. The Haunted "No Compromise"
03. GWAR "Ham on the Bone"
04. Icona Pop "I Love It"
05. Marilyn Manson "Doll-Dagga Buzz-Buzz Ziggety-Zag"
06. Lamb of God "Set to Fail"
07. Mastodon "Blood & Thunder"
08. Igor Stravinsky "The Rite of Spring Part I: The Adoration of the Earth"
09. Missy Elliot "Gossip Folks"
10. Morbid Angel "Where The Slime Live"
11. Jon Hopkins "Collider"
12. The Dillinger Escape Plan "One of Us is the Killer"
13. Macho Man Randy Savage "Be A Man"
14. Pantera "Heresy"
15. Thy Art is Murder "Reign of Darkness" (Sophie's Choice)
16. Monkees "Last Train to Clarksville"
17. The Devin Townsend Project "Deconstruction"
18. Grotus "That's Entertainment"
19. Samael "Shining Kingdom"
20. Vengaboys "We Like to Party!"

Did anybody happen to catch what that first song was? It kinda sounded like Jane's Addiction, but I didn't recognize it
Last edited by TerminX on Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.