All hail Ziltoid!
#139240 by danceswithchickens
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:02 am
So is Ziltoid the Omniscient a puppet show, a forthcoming album, or what? I keep hearing conflicting info...I guess I'll just be happy if Dev scrapped the idea of calling his new album The Mighty Masturbator (I might never have been able to forgive him for that)...

#139241 by Goat
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:37 am
Yeah, I was wondering about the visuals too. I mean, it's all this music and interviews and shit, which can all be just audio, but then we find out Ziltoid has bear teeth. Where does that show? Is this a DVD project? An opera with all scenes acted out with puppets and accompanied with music?
INFO!!!!!!

#139244 by the_scoon
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:40 am
I'm confused as fuck as to what this is, but remember, it's Dev, it's always quality, why not sit back and just chill.......

SOMEONE FUCKING TELL ME WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!!!!

#139246 by sicsmoo
Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:06 am
Add me to the confused list.

#139256 by Biert
Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:34 am
Here's the deal (or at least what I think the deal is):

Ziltoid The Omnicient is Devins long-awaited puppetshow. He's building the puppets himself, and Ziltoid will be getting real bear-teeth!
Episodes of the show will appear on http://www.ziltoid.com and a MySpace page (perhaps the one mentioned on the forums before)? These pages should be ready in a month or so.

On the other hand, Ziltoid will be accompanied by a soundtrack (of course), probably what was formerly known as The Mighty Masturbator. The album is being mastered as we speak and will be released in about 3 months.

At least, that's what I made up from the info that we have :)

#139265 by Goat
Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am
That's what I would call a summary of facts that lead to the said confusion.

Will the puppet show be a live act? A recorded act? Both? Will it be toured? How many people would this project involve? This sounds like a fucking huge project, far beyond Strapping or DTB or 500 copies homemade projects ... shit, my head is exploding ... What the hell is this thing?

#139267 by Biert
Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:19 am
It will be a recorded act, the episodes will appear on the MySpace page and Ziltoid.com.
The music is solely made by Devin and his Drumkit From Hell. And whoever is mastering it.
Many other people are involved in the entire project, such as Travis Smith and Marcus Rogers (who made the Vampira video), according to newsletter #75.

It's not that confusing at all, I think?

Heck if you still have questions, I recommend the "Ask Tracy" section of the forum ;)

#139272 by Goat
Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 am
I'll let myself be surprised I think. Answers spoil the questions. :wink:

#139526 by goulash32
Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 pm
When I talked to Devin the other day, he mentioned that he was growing tired of always being the front man to every project he develops, so he created this Ziltoid character to represent the new project, do the interviews, etc.

#139553 by danceswithchickens
Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:54 am
I have found my answer in another thread...

The Mighty Masturbator became a story about Ziltoids adventures subjugating the human race... this record has a story like punky, the heaviness of syl (kind of like alien) and a few songs that wouldn't be out of place in dtb.

Ziltoid looks a bit like the Skeksis, but mixed with with me and grover from sesame street.

I just started writing when the kid arrived, and this is what happened. I did everything from the drums on up, and theres 3 songs in the 10 minute range.

Super serious music, funny concept and story...

I'm really surprised by it actually...it became monsterous where at first it was an oven mitt named ziltoid and a short film to have some fun...but Fredrik sent me a bunch of drum programs and soon the concept got huge and out of control, and I decided to turn it into a really densely layered metal 'symphony' thing.

I know it's soon after Hummer and all, but don't let that fool you, it's fully realized, and awesome.

I want to not see myself in magazines at the moment but want to write my crazy music, so I figured Ziltoid would be a more interesting subject for photos...whats more metal than a pissed off lizard ostrich alien and a metal symphony?

Ziltoid also wants you to know that he thinks you're alright.

#139604 by goulash32
Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:59 pm
Oh god I REALLY can't wait for this!!!

#140163 by Zyprexa
Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:58 pm
Goat wrote:.. far beyond Strapping or DTB or 500 copies homemade projects ...

Not to mention Far Beyond Metal if Ziltoid has said real bear-teeth. Maybe the real b.. live bear.. em.. ate the kids!

#140169 by Eyesore
Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Zyprexa wrote:
Goat wrote:.. far beyond Strapping or DTB or 500 copies homemade projects ...

Not to mention Far Beyond Metal if Ziltoid has said real bear-teeth. Maybe the real b.. live bear.. em.. ate the kids!

:lol: