All hail Ziltoid!
#147095 by gurp13
Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:56 pm
I know it's easy for me to say and might have already been discussed, but I think a new Ziltoid skin for the forum is in order. Synchestra is so 2006. Ziltoid is INFINITY!!!
#147102 by Chris
Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:32 pm
gurp13 wrote:Synchestra is so 2006. Ziltoid is INFINITY!!!

I like that comparison - that pretty much sums it up.

And, don't forget, that would re-give us the possibility to actually choose between at least two forum skins. I liked it when we could still choose between eight (!) different board styles. Good ol' times...

I think it's been way over a year since the other board styles disappeared, although they're still listed under profile. I remember someone in charge said that they would come back soon and that it had to do with technical problems, so - without trying to piss anyone's leg, I'm just curious - what happened?

#147105 by JuZ
Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:57 pm
I miss the old Synchestra skin with the purdy pictures.

But a Ziltyskin might taste good.

#147142 by funny_little_guy
Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:47 am
JuZ wrote:I miss the old Synchestra skin with the purdy pictures.

But a Ziltyskin might taste good.
Taste like coffee I imagine

#147164 by djskrimp
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:35 am
Nutmeg!

Hazelnut?

#147166 by gurp13
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:46 am
I have the Synchestra skin right now. Brown, earthy colors with the DTB logo amid the forest at the top. The only one I had before that was an AE inspired look, I think, all silvery and gray. Do you guys have a different look?

And they took away the options? I didn't know that. I never changed the skin, always went with the board default.

#147170 by Biert
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:56 am
Everything purple? No thanks :P

The only skin available right now is the Synchestra skin. There were going to be new skins but it never happened. I think you'll have to poke Coma Divine if you want some new stuff ;)

#147193 by BlueRaja
Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 pm
You can poke Coma if you want (he'd probably like it, too), but new and different skins are out of our control. That would be the webmaster's department.

#147195 by Biert
Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:29 pm
Who's webmaster these days? I found out that Geoff packed his bags?

Besides, how hard can it be to make a skin, it's probably nothing more than a CSS style-sheet. A handy forum member could arrange one in a couple of hours :P

#147206 by WhiteTiger
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:44 pm
Biert wrote:Who's webmaster these days? I found out that Geoff packed his bags?

Besides, how hard can it be to make a skin, it's probably nothing more than a CSS style-sheet. A handy forum member could arrange one in a couple of hours :P

actually it's quite hard. There are a lot of files in the folder for each template. They're written in HTML but the files are all .tpl extensions. If you feel like doing a whole ton of super crazy HTML that deals with ungodly numbers of tables, go for it :D

Anyway, a Ziltoid skin would be good, but might get old after a bit. i think a choice is a good thing.

#147208 by Atari
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:58 pm
I've been playing with building skins anyway, but they all turn out shitty.

#147234 by WhiteTiger
Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:48 pm
i know a good amount of HTML if someone wants to try to make a Ziltoid skin, and i know a lot about phpBB forums.

also, who made the current skin?

#147241 by BlueRaja
Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:46 pm
Geoff made the current one, and I think he's still the webmaster, but I'm not positive about that. I think he is. I'm about 95% sure he still is.

Yeah. :oops:

#147250 by JuZ
Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:56 pm
BlueRaja wrote:Geoff made the current one, and I think he's still the webmaster, but I'm not positive about that. I think he is. I'm about 95% sure he still is.

Yeah. :oops:

:shock: Good to see we're all on the same page, then...

:lol:

#147258 by Goat
Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:18 pm
I'd love the royal purple skin.

While searching for example I stumbled upon this:
WTF?

Something in the vein of:

Shit, I can't find the proper color. Maybe something like this,
I remember a purple suede cloth the royal jewels were exhibited on when I was in the Tower like 20 years ago. :roll: It looked nothing like the examples above.