All hail Ziltoid!

#148889 by Metalmonkey
Tue May 08, 2007 11:32 am
Well, Zyprexa and Noodle's translations are much better than the one I was planning to post, I lack so much vocabulary when it comes to translate this kind of interview, because it is really well written.

Thanks for your work guys :D

#148896 by ASHORIZZOR
Tue May 08, 2007 12:16 pm
Dito. Thanks guys and girls! :D

#148902 by Ike
Tue May 08, 2007 2:00 pm
yay, that was good news. sad thing he doesn't do more of these "shows" though. he's a great guy to watch being funny and entertaining.

#148940 by TallNerdGuy
Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 pm
He's really not going to tour anymore?! Please tell me this is just a joke...a simple jest! Please!

#148944 by Josiah Tobin
Tue May 08, 2007 9:17 pm
If this is true, then I am very, very glad that I got the chance to see SYL, if only once.

It's his decision though, and I won't complain for that reason. I'm glad he's still making music.

#148948 by Sirius
Tue May 08, 2007 9:42 pm
O.O

Noooooo! And to think I probably didn't miss SYL live by much... I think. Then again maybe they came to Australia longer ago than I think :P

I feel very mixed... I like all of SYL but at the same time I also like his solo work AND it's all his choice anyway, and I most definitely respect that :) If you can't do any more then do no more... makes sense to me.

#148951 by Coma Divine
Tue May 08, 2007 10:02 pm
Sirius wrote:O.O

Noooooo! And to think I probably didn't miss SYL live by much... I think. Then again maybe they came to Australia longer ago than I think :P

November 2003.

#148952 by Sirius
Tue May 08, 2007 10:09 pm
Ah... bugga. Too young at the time anyway :P But yeah I thought they came here reasonably recently, and that's reasonably recent :P

Thanks for the info Coma!

#148961 by Chris
Wed May 09, 2007 12:48 am
Lolliklauer wrote:Here´s another report from the press conference in London (in english this time): http://jukebo.cx/archives/2007/05/03/devin-towsend-quits/

Sad title, but the same news as in the other report.

The title is really sad in its definite simplicity.

I don't want to base this on the fact that Dev has made several decisions concerning his music and then changed them, but I guess we'll just have to wait what time will bring. Devin focuses on his family now, everyone should be able to understand that. But the man still seems to be full of music and fresh ideas, and this is - no matter how shallow this sounds - just great.

#148970 by Bungdeetle
Wed May 09, 2007 1:51 am
Why do I always catch the great musicians just as they're settling down or already dead :C

Ah well, I'm actually glad for Devin.

#148973 by ASHORIZZOR
Wed May 09, 2007 2:10 am
Bungdeetle wrote:Why do I always catch the great musicians just as they're settling down or already dead :C

Ah well, I'm actually glad for Devin.

Nearly the same thing here! :(

#148992 by Lolliklauer
Wed May 09, 2007 4:42 am
Chris wrote:
Lolliklauer wrote:Here´s another report from the press conference in London (in english this time): http://jukebo.cx/archives/2007/05/03/devin-towsend-quits/

Sad title, but the same news as in the other report.

The title is really sad in its definite simplicity.

I don't want to base this on the fact that Dev has made several decisions concerning his music and then changed them, but I guess we'll just have to wait what time will bring. Devin focuses on his family now, everyone should be able to understand that. But the man still seems to be full of music and fresh ideas, and this is - no matter how shallow this sounds - just great.

That´s right, the part that Dev wants to release "a ton of music" in the future is really good news! IMHO he sets his priorities very well, to the benefit of us all, i think.

#148998 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed May 09, 2007 5:09 am
Yes, and travelling the world shouldn't be a pain in the ass, but a joy.

The end of the "Devin Townsend Band" surprises me a bit though. 100% solo Devin activity from now on, no more recordings with additional musicians, at least (and hopefully) on drums? Anyway...

Best of luck and thanks for the music (so far), Mr. Devin Townsend and family.

#149010 by Chris
Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:Best of luck and thanks for the music (so far), Mr. Devin Townsend and family.

I sense a bit of Abba in this sentence :D