All hail Ziltoid!

#149014 by Ike
Wed May 09, 2007 7:00 am
hm, i remember how sad i was when he first said he wanted to quit strapping some time in 2006. but now i got used to it. it's a good decision for him. if the honesty and "realness" of ziltoid's music is what he gets from the new found freedom, that's great.
what still makes me sad though, is that we might never hear or read his words again, which are always interesting, funny and inspiring. not only his music rocks, but also the dude himself - i don't know any artist who is so strikingly entertaining and smart whatever he says or does. even the "wagga wagga wagga" roxxed my soxxs, not to mention his legendary stage quotes.

it's also a pity that his collaboration with gene might be over. they were a great duo.
well, we never know what the man is up to, and if he now wants to explore new fields, that might bring some excellent new music.

do your thing, dev, and i must say i kinda envy you for moving to the wilderness ;D

#149017 by Cynry
Wed May 09, 2007 7:06 am
hm, i remember how sad i was when he first said he wanted to quit strapping some time in 2006. but now i got used to it. it's a good decision for him. if the honesty and "realness" of ziltoid's music is what he gets from the new found freedom, that's great.
what still makes me sad though, is that we might never hear or read his words again, which are always interesting, funny and inspiring. not only his music rocks, but also the dude himself - i don't know any artist who is so strikingly entertaining and smart whatever he says or does. even the "wagga wagga wagga" roxxed my soxxs, not to mention his legendary stage quotes.

it's also a pity that his collaboration with gene might be over. they were a great duo.
well, we never know what the man is up to, and if he now wants to explore new fields, that might bring some excellent new music.

do your thing, dev, and i must say i kinda envy you for moving to the wilderness ;D

+1

All hail the new Devy !

#149037 by Leechmaster
Wed May 09, 2007 12:23 pm
Wow.. No more SYL, DTB, tours or appearances.. That's a lot to get over all in one go. But at least he'll keep going with the music, and respect is due to the man for doing what he wants for himself. I was hoping to fly to Vancouver next summer with my girlfriend to hopefully catch Dev playing live in his hometown, but I guess it's not to be. :( Hopefully this new freedom will lead to something weirder and wonderful-er in the future...
Last edited by Leechmaster on Wed May 09, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#149044 by Pigmash
Wed May 09, 2007 1:06 pm
ASHORIZZOR wrote:
Bungdeetle wrote:Why do I always catch the great musicians just as they're settling down or already dead :C

Ah well, I'm actually glad for Devin.

Nearly the same thing here! :(

Exactly the same here, be warned bands, if I discover your music and like it, chances are you will either split up or never again play the UK. :lol:

#149051 by Ike
Wed May 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Hopefully this new freedom will lead to something weird and wonderful in the future...

it already has ;)

#149054 by Leechmaster
Wed May 09, 2007 1:37 pm
Fixed.. :)

#149077 by Yanko
Wed May 09, 2007 4:57 pm
as long as he keeps on releasing music, it's all good for me. Partially because i already had no hope of ever seeing him live :P

And now i hope i win the lotto someday to get him to produce a project of mine (i know that he'd only produce good bands, so i wish i win A LOT on the lotto :lol: )

#149086 by djskrimp
Wed May 09, 2007 5:30 pm
Yanko wrote:as long as he keeps on releasing music, it's all good for me. Partially because i already had no hope of ever seeing him live :P

And now i hope i win the lotto someday to get him to produce a project of mine (i know that he'd only produce good bands, so i wish i win A LOT on the lotto :lol: )

Hell, I'll give up a wish so that you can win the lotto and get produced by Devin. Here's to you, Yanko!

#149112 by Biert
Thu May 10, 2007 3:24 am
I asked Ryan about DTB quitting on his own forums, and here's his reply:
drumdude wrote:Yeah... it's news to me, if thats true.... Dev never mentioned a thing to me, he said he'd start it up again but not for a while. We'll see. That was'nt him speaking in that interview it was more the reporter reporting which can be harshly mis-leading.

Well, if Dev says it to my face, I'll let you all know about it....

RVP

#149119 by TallNerdGuy
Thu May 10, 2007 4:09 am
Such crazy suspense! Whatever he decides to do, at least he'll still be making music.

#149127 by Kivenkantaja
Thu May 10, 2007 6:20 am
That's not sad news at all even if it's true. No gigs but so what? Most of us have propably seen Devin live at least once. How I've understood these events in the last 6 months is that Devin is now maybe happier than ever. How could that make me sad?

#149133 by RastaPappi
Thu May 10, 2007 6:54 am
Kivenkantaja wrote:That's not sad news at all even if it's true. No gigs but so what? Most of us have propably seen Devin live at least once. How I've understood these events in the last 6 months is that Devin is now maybe happier than ever. How could that make me sad?

i havent seen devin ^^ :(
but anyways.. i think hes still gonna do some records, even that he wont be touring.. or.. wait.. did the interview said that?
i should really read the interview before commenting ^^

#149136 by funny_little_guy
Thu May 10, 2007 7:05 am
I only saw him at a signing :( aww. Oh well, I'll just have to become famous and get enough money to get him to produce me :)

#149153 by Zyprexa
Thu May 10, 2007 8:38 am
Noodles wrote:My french sucks

Tell me about it. I'm sitting an exam next year that requires me to have the french fluency of a six year-old.

Noodles wrote:but I'll try to pick up where he left off

She :D
But being female doesn't preventing me from having a giant metal cock. Not.. figuratively.. anyway.

Noodles wrote:In fact the room was dismayed when Devin gave the news of how he hopes his career will go (no more tours, living in City in northern Canada, recording CDs himself and then releasing them on the internet without doing any interviews or promo tours).

Excellent translation. But oh my God. I'm lucky I had to stop translating, this would've ruined my day. That's so awful. I wish I were older so I could've seen him live, could've been there when all the other albums were released, stalked the promtional tour buses. Why does everything significant in my life happen when I'm too young to get the full benefit of it!?

#149165 by funny_little_guy
Thu May 10, 2007 9:23 am
Biert wrote:I asked Ryan about DTB quitting on his own forums, and here's his reply:
drumdude wrote:Yeah... it's news to me, if thats true.... Dev never mentioned a thing to me, he said he'd start it up again but not for a while. We'll see. That was'nt him speaking in that interview it was more the reporter reporting which can be harshly mis-leading.

Well, if Dev says it to my face, I'll let you all know about it....

RVP

Thanks for posting this one over here.