All hail Ziltoid!
#149776 by Centurion
Fri May 18, 2007 4:25 pm
I`m not sure if it has been posted before or not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaY83WTa ... ed&search=

Someone has a coverversion before the album is out :) Very rude but well done. He and Dev should do this unplugged sometime. This prove how good Devsongs can sound unplugged. I hope Dev make some kind of album with unplugged versions of own songs (or make some new ones)

#149779 by RastaPappi
Fri May 18, 2007 4:32 pm
sounds nice :)
but dev sounds better 8)
but still, veeeerryyy nice!

#149816 by Eyesore
Sat May 19, 2007 12:38 am
Is the original acoustic? Man, I'd love to hear some acoustic Devy on CD! That dude can jam, though. Good skills—unlike most videos like this on YouTube—and he's got a solid voice. I'm impressed.

I think Devin should check this out. I think he'd dig it.

#149828 by Archetype
Sat May 19, 2007 1:43 am
Hmm.. it's ok.
He should've tuned his guitar to open C, it would have sounded much better. The tempo and phrasing is way off to the original. He sings it too laidback, which kinda screws up the setting of the song.

#149865 by Josiah Tobin
Sat May 19, 2007 9:58 am
Archetype wrote:Hmm.. it's ok.
He should've tuned his guitar to open C, it would have sounded much better. The tempo and phrasing is way off to the original. He sings it too laidback, which kinda screws up the setting of the song.

Well, I don't think it's meant to be a completely unchanged cover so much as an interpretation. It's obvious he was going for something different, I thought. Some of the comments mention this as well, I think-- The album's not even out yet and people are telling him he's 'playing it wrong.' ;)

I love it, personally. He has a great voice and can definitely play. Makes me jealous.

#149876 by CyberMartyr
Sat May 19, 2007 10:48 am
It's a great effort considering the amount of time the album has been available whether it be promo, cd, or stolen.

#149931 by Ike
Sun May 20, 2007 12:59 am
his voice is quite similar to devs, and the playing is really good. nice find!

#150108 by starark
Mon May 21, 2007 6:25 pm
I thought it was pretty good. We all should be encouraging people to do this, not pick out all their faults. I think even Devin's music has faults, nobody is perfect so rock on dude and cover whatever you wanna cover.

#150109 by djskrimp
Mon May 21, 2007 7:40 pm
starark wrote: ----I think even Devin's music has faults------.

You WHAT? Get off this board, and never come back, you heretic!!!!

:P :P :P :lol: :shock:

I completely agree with your sentiment, by the way.

#150110 by Eyesore
Mon May 21, 2007 7:55 pm
I got the album in the mail today, and I must say that I'm ever more impressed with this cover having heard the original!

By the way, the album is fucking killer! Can we talk about it yet, or are the mods still being poopyheads?

#150111 by djskrimp
Mon May 21, 2007 8:23 pm
Eyesore wrote:I got the album in the mail today, and I must say that I'm ever more impressed with this cover having heard the original!

By the way, the album is fucking killer! Can we talk about it yet, or are the mods still being poopyheads?

I daresay that Atari is NOT a poopyhead. :P IIRC, it was stated that comments made after the album's official release pertaining to the content wouldn't be moderized.