All hail Ziltoid!

#150833 by JuZ
Mon May 28, 2007 6:13 pm
WhiteTiger wrote:
Cristuff wrote:I see it as "Infinity part 2". Both are connected, I think.

I really love it. Maybe his best album to me.

Solar Winds is simply majestuous and one of the best songs I've heard this year.

All hail the new Dev.

Indeed.

absolutely right. Solar Winds is my favorite from the album. I am amazed time and again by Devin's unique humor and the rather funny bi-polarity he has with his solo band and SYL. This is my favorite album by his solo band/him (not really his solo band cause it was just him and a drum machine) but my favorite is still City, if for no other reason than Room 429. Great cover, much better than the original (yes, i've heard the original. Cop Shoot Cop is a good band, though i will say they're too experimental for me)

Funny that... I can't stand Room 429. It's the only SYL/Dev song I just can't bear to hear, in a nails down a blackboard kind of way.

#150834 by JuZ
Mon May 28, 2007 6:18 pm
EvilPanda wrote:It could have been the best solo album but unfortunately the cheesiness kills it.

My favorite songs are The Greys and Hyperdrive.

My favourites tracks also, and oddly enough I'm not keen on the cheesy Ziltoidness either. I really like the battle sections of By Your Command but that's about it. Not as well developed as Punky in my opinion. Maybe the next Ziltoid album will have a more enjoyable storyline, but the music is amazing on this one so I'm happy enough! :twisted:

#150836 by Anti-Product
Mon May 28, 2007 6:23 pm
I've had this album for about 2 months and haven't stopped listening to it once. I wake up with it in my head and there it stays all day until I fall asleep. I listen to this thing like 8 times a day and my iPod must be sick of just playing these tracks. I finally got my cd in Saturday, so I'm going to be giving my iPod a break and I'm about to start wearing out this cd already.

#150967 by WhiteTiger
Tue May 29, 2007 5:20 pm
JuZ wrote:
WhiteTiger wrote:
Cristuff wrote:I see it as "Infinity part 2". Both are connected, I think.

I really love it. Maybe his best album to me.

Solar Winds is simply majestuous and one of the best songs I've heard this year.

All hail the new Dev.

Indeed.

absolutely right. Solar Winds is my favorite from the album. I am amazed time and again by Devin's unique humor and the rather funny bi-polarity he has with his solo band and SYL. This is my favorite album by his solo band/him (not really his solo band cause it was just him and a drum machine) but my favorite is still City, if for no other reason than Room 429. Great cover, much better than the original (yes, i've heard the original. Cop Shoot Cop is a good band, though i will say they're too experimental for me)

Funny that... I can't stand Room 429. It's the only SYL/Dev song I just can't bear to hear, in a nails down a blackboard kind of way.

well then you're just weird :P

but yea...Ziltoid was in my CD player for about 2 weeks straight. kept growing on me...then i popped it out for the new Ozzy album, which has now been replaced by Venom's Metal Black album.

#151007 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed May 30, 2007 5:00 am
WhiteTiger wrote:but yea...Ziltoid was in my CD player for about 2 weeks straight. kept growing on me...then i popped it out for the new Ozzy album

Yuck!
Blasphemy!

:P

#151015 by cluna_33
Wed May 30, 2007 5:26 am
Das Schuetzenfest wrote:
WhiteTiger wrote:but yea...Ziltoid was in my CD player for about 2 weeks straight. kept growing on me...then i popped it out for the new Ozzy album

Yuck!
Blasphemy!

:P

Phooey, Indeed, phooey!

The new Ozzy is laughable.