All hail Ziltoid!
#151259 by IronMaiden736
Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:53 pm
I just got my digipack version and at the end of Solar Winds Ziltoid says "Fooey......and double fooey" instead of "Fooey, indeed, fooey"

Such a subtle thing to change, I wonder why he changed it. I'm going to listen to both back to back now and see if anything else was changed like that. :D

#151260 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:32 pm
Maybe things like this, and also the typo of "Polyphony" as "Plyophony" on TNB are intentional, to see who downloaded it and who didn't. :lol:

#151261 by ghaleon0075
Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:32 pm
Damn, I already deleted my leak download. Oh well, thisll still be pretty interesting to read about.

I do remember that one youre talking about though.

#151272 by Leechmaster
Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:40 am
Similar to the Plyophony thing - When I put the disc in my iTunes a completely wrong tracklist came up. 'Omnidimensional Creator' was 'Omnisdimensional Creator' and 'Ziltoidia Attaxx!!!' was 'Ziltoid Attaxx!' Ziltoid was the artist instead of Devin Townsend. The album was just "The Omniscient" instead of "Ziltoid the Omniscient". The three bonus tracks all had the wrong name on them (Don't Know Why was Tall Latte, Travelling Salesman was Don't Know Why, and the Canada demo was Travelling Salesman), and then there was one or two capital letter mistakes as well..

#151278 by :)
Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:40 am
That's iTunes for you.

#151301 by Atari
Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:02 pm
Leechmaster wrote:'Omnisdimensional Creator'

All the retagging I did, and I missed one. :x

#151310 by Noodles
Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:35 pm
Leechmaster wrote:Similar to the Plyophony thing - When I put the disc in my iTunes a completely wrong tracklist came up. 'Omnidimensional Creator' was 'Omnisdimensional Creator' and 'Ziltoidia Attaxx!!!' was 'Ziltoid Attaxx!' Ziltoid was the artist instead of Devin Townsend. The album was just "The Omniscient" instead of "Ziltoid the Omniscient". The three bonus tracks all had the wrong name on them (Don't Know Why was Tall Latte, Travelling Salesman was Don't Know Why, and the Canada demo was Travelling Salesman), and then there was one or two capital letter mistakes as well..

I only noticed the artist/album thing. Blah. Time to rename some songs >.<

heh

#151311 by mukler
Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:06 pm
when I play mine its all pops and buzzers.. wonder if thats on purpose? weird

#151312 by Rahovart
Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:07 pm
It's not JUST the leaked version that contains the "Indeed, phooey" version, it's also the iTunes version. The difference was immediately noticeable once I went into town on the release date and got me the special edition.

man

#151315 by mukler
Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:34 pm
that warrants a serious five'r...

#151327 by Intoc
Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:17 pm
I don't think the version I got had that. Of course, it's gone now. Just got the digipack today.

EDIT: I stand corrected. The "and double" sounded different.
Last edited by Intoc on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#151338 by mukler
Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:06 pm
I also love the refences to hockey he makes throughout the album.. coffee = senators.. haha

#151370 by Biert
Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:34 am
The mistagging is not caused by iTunes (or any music player) or done by Devin himself. When you put the disk in your computer, it reads the tracklist from a CDDB website, most likely http://www.freedb.org. Whoever submitted the info to that website first made the mistake and can be blamed, and no-one else. Both for Omnisdimensional and Plyophony.

And it's not really a surprise that the leak is different from the final release is it? He did the same for Alien, where there were differences in Love?, We Ride and a renamed track.

#151433 by Anti-Product
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:29 pm
My iPod tracks and my cd tracks are ALL spelled EXACTLY the same.