All hail Ziltoid!
#151551 by ConfusedGenius87
Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:51 pm
What exactly is on the 2nd disc of the SE? Is it worth 6 bucks more?

#151552 by Leechmaster
Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:57 pm
3 bonus tracks - Don't Know Why (A humourous recording of Ziltoid reciting some poetry or something followed by a press conference), Travelling Salesman (A country song..) and an untitled track which appears to be a demo for 'Canada'.
Multimedia - 5 Ziltoid episodes (two already on Myspace, three unreleased ones) plus a 13 minute video of Dev explaining how he gets his sounds from his rig (details about his strings, cables, pedals, amps, etc).

From surfing 'round the net a lot of people seem think the bonus tracks are a bit shit, but I find em enjoyable. The guitar video is a great insight if you're big into the guitar shtick, and the 5 Ziltoid videos are good fun too. I would say its worth the extra money and advise to buy it if you can find it, but then I'm an obsessive fanboy... So maybe I should just fuck off..

#151554 by Guitarzan
Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:23 pm
The only thing that worthwhile on the SE is the guitar video...the bonus tracks are funny once but don't really have much replay value, and the webisodes will all be up on youtube in due time I bet.

#151555 by Leechmaster
Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:27 pm
I think the only one that hasn't got any real replay value is Don't Know Why. I listen to Travelling Salesman and the untitled track a good bit. But again, fanboy.. So I think I should stop posting in this.

#151559 by ghaleon0075
Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:04 pm
Id say the SE is worth it for the Canada demo and the guitar rig video. The Ziltoid episodes are pretty funny, no doubt, but theyll probably be online after a while.

#151563 by Yanko
Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:23 pm
i actually bought it for the sole purpose of giving money to devin :lol:

#151573 by tcantafio
Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:35 pm
Do yourself a favor and get the SE digi. I don't have the SE Canadian version so I can't speak to that. However, the SE Euro version is worth the extra $$. Inside Out Records doesn't spare much expense when it comes to their top tier artists like Dev. You get 2CD in a tri-fold digi. The booklet slips into a front cover sleeve, not a pocket (that is usually ripped before YOU get it) like most digi's! The first disc is the album proper, and disc two is the special stuff...the Ziltoid interview and two songs, plus the instructional vid and the 5 Ziltoid skits, which are of course in MUCH better quality that those on the MySpace page. It's the full deal in my view and I wouldn't want anything less!

So there you have it! BEWARE: I see the SE digi sometimes advertised as coming with a POSTER, but I ordered a few copies (you're wlecome Dev :wink: ) and there is no poster...you can buy one though from http://www.ziltoid.com! LOL...he has his own website!

#151597 by gozu
Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:02 am
the chorus of i don't know whys first half sounds familiar....

#151610 by ConfusedGenius87
Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:01 am
http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=ziltoid&

I'd buy it from there. Next decision is whether to get Infinity or Physicist as well.

#151724 by Chris
Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:12 am
ConfusedGenius87 wrote:http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=ziltoid&

I'd buy it from there. Next decision is whether to get Infinity or Physicist as well.

Infinity or Physicist? I'm shocked :wink:

#151763 by Deathcom7000
Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm
Leechmaster wrote:I think the only one that hasn't got any real replay value is Don't Know Why.

You kidding!? I have to listen to that part about the Gravy Killers over and over every time I hear it!

#151767 by Permafrost
Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:05 pm
The SE is good for completeists... and I like extras. If it means supporting local talent, sign me up!

#151768 by Cygnus
Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:21 pm
Im yet to see the mutlimedia features... All i know is that during the interview with Ziltoid, I almost passed out laughing during the "Gravy Killers" exerpt.

#151861 by tcantafio
Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:22 pm
By the way is the Canadian special edition a digipak or a 2CD jewelcase? Just curious!

Thanks.

#151866 by thalamus88
Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:17 pm
tcantafio wrote:By the way is the Canadian special edition a digipak or a 2CD jewelcase? Just curious!

Thanks.

Jewel case.