All hail Ziltoid!

#152643 by The Oid
Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:27 am
I go for the colour as feeling explanation, like the "blues", but expressing a different feeling entirely.

I interpreted it to be feeling grey, by which I mean feeling really apathetic, like when you're really tired and you just don't give a shit any more, or the way that emotional experiences generally appear to get less intense as you get older.

"The greys flood our memories in the long haul", and "Can these greys wash away?" make sense if you read it like that.

I think that "The greys" being a species of alien is coincidental, or secondary.

That's my interpretation anyway, take it as you will.

#152646 by Lolliklauer
Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:17 am
The Dev wrote:Colors relate to numbers relate to SOUND
...relates to FORM relate to WAR relate to SEX
relates to HEALING
Relates to ALL GOD VI-BRA-TION!!!!

I read in an interview with german Rock Hard magazine that Devin is a synaesthesist (for him music, numbers, nearly everything feels like colors). So maybe "grey" has some meanings to him which we can´t understand.

Or i could just fuck off.

#152653 by Yanko
Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:46 am
Lolliklauer wrote:
The Dev wrote:Colors relate to numbers relate to SOUND
...relates to FORM relate to WAR relate to SEX
relates to HEALING
Relates to ALL GOD VI-BRA-TION!!!!

I read in an interview with german Rock Hard magazine that Devin is a synaesthesist (for him music, numbers, nearly everything feels like colors). So maybe "grey" has some meanings to him which we can´t understand.

Or i could just fuck off.

he is?!
Shit, i should have known, the way the records are "built" sound-wise make more sense now :D

#152925 by AlucardXIX
Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:41 pm
I honestly with i had Synesthesia...that would own.

Personally i think it does have to do with overall story and how in Color Your World at then end when he finds out that we're all just puppets that maybe the greys are controlling everything behind the scenes.

#153410 by Révolènarkayn
Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:25 am
It's the Dev early in the morning "where's my goddamn coffee""

Image[/quote]

#153506 by rgx612a
Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:29 am
AlucardXIX wrote:I honestly with i had Synesthesia...that would own.

Personally i think it does have to do with overall story and how in Color Your World at then end when he finds out that we're all just puppets that maybe the greys are controlling everything behind the scenes.

Yeah, that's what i think too. Ziltoid thinks he's a God on some level, but it turns out that he's merely a puppet in something much bigger. The Greys turn out to be the true Omniscient beings, but then it gets brought down to earth when it all turns out to be a Coffee shop employee's daydream.

With the alien theme of the album, The Greys is obviously a reference to the alien species.

On another note...I wonder if Devin's an X-Files fan? I loved that show.

#153514 by Naffis-kun
Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:44 am
The whole thing being just a dream is quite an anti-climax.

#153536 by cluna_33
Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:04 am
Naffis-kun wrote:The whole thing being just a dream is quite an anti-climax.

Dude I've climaxed a few times to this album. :P

#153560 by Biert
Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:38 pm

I agree on that. Somehow it's cool, yes disappointing.

#153565 by Noodles
Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Biert wrote:

It just makes me wish I had dreams that cool. I just dream about having sex with some asian girl :sad:

#153567 by BrunoN
Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:09 pm
Biert wrote:

I have to disagree. It makes the thing bit more mature, if I can use that word for this muppet show like concept. Gives the story second layer being metaphor about escapism and stuff - usual thing, if you have boring and sad life then you dream about power. Or maybe it's three layers, considering Ziltoids realization he's a puppet .

Or maybe dead serious music deceived me and I'm trying to find meaning where isn't any (and Dev incidentally reading that pisses himself laughing).

Or maybe I just should fuck off.

#153577 by JayjayAbnormal
Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:34 pm
or maybe the ending of the album is supposed to be mis-leading and the person working was only dreaming of 'The Greys', not the whole Ziltoid story.

Just my 2 cetns

#153588 by Deathcom7000
Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:18 pm
Nah, I like the ending because of Devin's explanation for it. At the end of the day, you're not a rock god guitar hero. You're a regular guy. And seeing it through Dev's perspective, I think it makes total sense and it's humorous.

#153782 by Naffis-kun
Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:25 am
The Greys riff resembles a slower Gaia riff.
Kinda.