All hail Ziltoid!
#159895 by rakune
Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:09 am
So upon a casual listen to the new Soilwork album streaming online (from MySpace), I noticed a few parts that seemed strangely familiar, especially lyrically.

For those that have the special edition Zilly (with the bonus disc), the first bonus track has that bizarre dialog at the beginning (after the introduction).. well, that dialog is taken DIRECTLY from two new Soilwork tracks.. I Vermin and Sick Heart River. Check it out, totally caught me off guard :lol:

In I Vermin.. the "high and low, they bring the tooth and nail , fast and slow would you give me just one damn second before I bail out of reach before i do as you please... Cause I might be wrong, am I the only one that sees that the damage is done? It wont be long before I lose my faith and make a run and become like you."

In Sick Heart River... "I will make another plan to find what's left, and nothing less, still I wont tread I will find my own way and make it worthwhile. Call, call on me darkness, wait wait on me now, won't you say, say that I'm sorry.. because I won't wait. I found another form, it's breeding life, it must've been there the whole time that I was dead, because I was pledged to emptiness, and now I've let myself to see the things I just didn't expect, still I remember, still I repent, I walked through the never despite my dissent, reborn acknowledging the past of me that was lost, I have repressed too many years, my utopia was in my grasp, doomed in absentia, left to be sentenced, still rising to cherish all the things I have left. call call on me darkness, wait wait on me now, wont you say, say that I'm sorry.. because I wont wait.."

:D

Kudos for the nod Devy, I think you produced Björns vocals, no? :) I wonder how many other things are hidden on these two discs :)

#159990 by kyl88
Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:11 pm
Wasn't Devin recording the Ziltoid bonus material while he was

doing the Soilwork vocals? Seems like I read that somewhere around

here. :)

Sworn To A Great Divide is a cool album, by the way

#160019 by Yanko
Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:18 am
the vocals in it are amazing
and they sounds real devin :D

#160167 by Mr Clean
Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 am
Wow! that was a surprise! :D

thanks for pointing it out! :)

#160189 by funny_little_guy
Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:27 am
Haha what awesome news.

#160810 by Captain Awesome
Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:58 am
kyl88 wrote:Sworn To A Great Divide is a cool album, by the way

+1

#160849 by Persuader
Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:04 am
+2!
#167552 by Biert
Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 am
AlucardXIX wrote:I think it was at the same time.

Yeah what I think, Devin was working on the Ziltoid bonus material, with the Soilwork guy and they had a piece of paper with some Soilwork lyrics laying about and used that.
#167704 by Amerikraut
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:15 am
Biert wrote:

Yeah what I think, Devin was working on the Ziltoid bonus material, with the Soilwork guy and they had a piece of paper with some Soilwork lyrics laying about and used that.

yeah but who cares what you think....
#168311 by Blazingmonga
Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:34 am
Amerikraut wrote:
Biert wrote:

yeah but who cares what you think....

I do.

Don't you? You should. I care about your thoughts. I care about everybody's thoughts.

I'm just full of care. To the brim! Perhaps we should add a new rule about having to care. Hmm....

And, to stay on topic...the Ziltoid bonus material has kind of ruined some of those Soilwork lyrics for me. Every time I hear Speed singing them on STAGD I just hear Ziltoid's voice instead. Weird? Maybe, but who cares....oh, wait....