All hail Ziltoid!
#250537 by Odysseas
Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:12 am
ultimatecoffee wrote:it's like listening to a comic book.

Absolutely, well said, friend! Just like Punky Bruster. Dev has been critisized for having the balls to do something like Ziltoid or PB. Even the greatest bands didn't have the balls, man!
Anyway, let's not forget that all the other reviews that I've read hail and praize our good old alien. And I've read a lot, 15 maybe. So generally ZtO remains to this day undefeated!!!
Now I'm just waiting for the Z2 to come out and I wonder what tricks the Dev has in store for us. I bet it'll bring all the haters down to their ass! Not mentionning Ghost and Decon...
#250544 by Quaid
Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 am
Has dev mentioned whether he plans to use the drumkit from hell, or real drums for z2?
#250548 by ultimatecoffee
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:10 am
Odysseas wrote:
ultimatecoffee wrote:it's like listening to a comic book.

Absolutely, well said, friend! Just like Punky Bruster. Dev has been critisized for having the balls to do something like Ziltoid or PB. Even the greatest bands didn't have the balls, man!
Anyway, let's not forget that all the other reviews that I've read hail and praize our good old alien. And I've read a lot, 15 maybe. So generally ZtO remains to this day undefeated!!!
Now I'm just waiting for the Z2 to come out and I wonder what tricks the Dev has in store for us. I bet it'll bring all the haters down to their ass! Not mentionning Ghost and Decon...

if a Z2 album came out, it would make my year just as much as the first ZTO album did im sure. im also really excited to hear the next 2 DTP albums. i can only wonder what dev can come up with next. i think ghost is gonna be on a different level as far as the layers of cool melodies and really different sounds go. the vid. of him recording noise in the tunnel and his friend playing slide guitar is just such a cool idea, damn all this talk has me excited for cleveland tonight!!!!!!!!!!!11
#250549 by ultimatecoffee
Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:16 am
dagny wrote:Ziltoid was the album that introduced me to Devin, and it's still the one that gets the most listens from me. I think that there is plenty of intensity (By Your Command has me doing everything but headbanging on the train), but also plenty of lighter moments as well, which is nice in a generally serious genre of music.

it took me less than 5 minutes of listening to snippets of different tracks off ziltoid with a female friend who doesn't listen to rock/heavy music to not only admit to enjoying it, but she went and bought a ticket to come to the show in cleveland tonight with me almost immediately after listening. and this is the girl always bitching at me in the car about what music im playing. :lol:
#250679 by Odysseas
Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 am
Ultimatecoffee,
You say 'If' Z2 came out... but it IS going to come out. Devin's been talking about that for quite some time and it's a fact that he'll do it for sure. Now whether he's going to use drumkit or real drummer I don't know but seeing how well it went with the Tuska show he may decide to work with Ryan on this one.
As for the other ideas, he says that he has tons of material ready for release but he's got some problems with the labels he works with. You can read about it on the 'Quick update' topic.
Hope the Cleveland set was great, see ya!
#250690 by Biert
Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:31 am
Odysseas wrote:You say 'If' Z2 came out... but it IS going to come out. Devin's been talking about that for quite some time and it's a fact that he'll do it for sure.

It's not really a fact until it's in the shops. Devin's brain is scattered with hundreds of ideas and which one he's going to do next depends on what he wants to do, which changes like the weather. Over the years I've heard so many plans and ideas that he was going to do for sure that never happened, that I'm not believing anything until I've heard it.
#250708 by ppinkham
Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:02 am
And I'm sure Biert didn't mean that as a slam against Dev, it is just how it goes sometimes. Dev is an overly prolific artist with a ton of new ideas and inspirations on a constant basis. He may wake up tomorrow and be completely over Ziltoid. Or, his label may even come forward and say "no, we don't want to release another Ziltoid album." You just never know until it is in your hands.
#250746 by Odysseas
Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:38 am
I see your point. But he's talking about the 2nd Ziltoid with so much confidence, just as Ghost and Decon will be double records. I didn't know he had abandoned many other projects in the past. I only discovered him last year so I don't know every detail about past projects or ideas.
I just hope that Dev will stick to this one. Now you spread doubt in my mind... But thanks for your opinions.
#250749 by swervedriver
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:30 am
Not to steer this off-topic, but Ghost and Decon are not going to be double records. Ghost gets an additional EP, but they're both single albums.

But there is demand for Z2, Dev has said he'd like to do Z2, and supposing Ziltoid does well with Rock Band there will also be some interest from record companies for a sequel. So it's not just a whim. :)
#250754 by Odysseas
Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:30 am
swervedriver wrote:Not to steer this off-topic, but Ghost and Decon are not going to be double records. Ghost gets an additional EP, but they're both single albums.

Dude, to me, a double-record or a single record with addistionnal EP disc is the same thing. For me it just means more disks, more tracks, more joy and more fun.
And Dev said that Decon is going to be a double rec as well. Whether he meant a single rec with an EP or not makes little difference to me. All I know is it's gonna be HUGE!!!
cheers
#250761 by ppinkham
Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:57 am
Odysseas wrote:
swervedriver wrote:Not to steer this off-topic, but Ghost and Decon are not going to be double records. Ghost gets an additional EP, but they're both single albums.

Dude, to me, a double-record or a single record with addistionnal EP disc is the same thing. For me it just means more disks, more tracks, more joy and more fun.
And Dev said that Decon is going to be a double rec as well. Whether he meant a single rec with an EP or not makes little difference to me. All I know is it's gonna be HUGE!!!
cheers

He did recently say that Decon would be a single disc, because a double would have been too much for our brains and ears to handle. I paraphrased there. ;)
#250763 by 11:11
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:43 am
Jesus H, man... :(

I just read the review. This dude is certainly entitled to his opinion and all but damn...Give some specific examples of what's giving you that awful rash then! Give us a song title and a minute/second mark. Back up your stupid comments with examples. Dev's music has never ever been the type that you can review with blanket statements like this guy makes.

I'll admit that Ziltoid is probably my least fave Dev project. That said, it's still a solid 7/10 at least! I'm sure the current quad set of ki, addicted, ghost and decon will certainly change this guy's opinion (not that we really care tho). Ki and Addicted are just brilliant and from what I've seen/heard of ghost, man... I think it could very well be Darkside of the Moon the Next Generation and Decon from what's being said here may very well change the face of Metal forever! Here's to hoping.

Flavor Flave once said... "Don't believe the HYPE!"
#250765 by ultimatecoffee
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 am
Odysseas wrote:I see your point. But he's talking about the 2nd Ziltoid with so much confidence, just as Ghost and Decon will be double records. I didn't know he had abandoned many other projects in the past. I only discovered him last year so I don't know every detail about past projects or ideas.
I just hope that Dev will stick to this one. Now you spread doubt in my mind... But thanks for your opinions.

yeah, kinda makes you worry a little knowing those details eh? :lol: im really hoping he follows through with it man. he's one of the only musicians around as of recent that i actually think could top an original concept/story album with a sequel.
#250785 by Odysseas
Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:55 pm
ppinkham wrote:He did recently say that Decon would be a single disc, because a double would have been too much for our brains and ears to handle. I paraphrased there. ;)

Ah, shite! Now my hopes really are destroyed. But it's OK, I thing I'll live through it. No, in fact I'm so happy already I'd like to thank Devin for what he does to our brains and ears, no matter the number of records he puts out there...