All hail Ziltoid!
#199221 by Jaymz
Sun May 24, 2009 3:18 pm
I always assumed the "Welcome to the bonus disc of my first album: Ziltoid The Omniscient..." hinted at a sequel, but could just be Devin being Devin. Or Ziltoid being Ziltoid, whichever.
#208360 by babymordred121
Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:47 am
Naz wrote:Am I the only person that thinks Captain Spectacular and Ziltoid might actually be "The Man with No Name: Zapp Brannigan" and Aku, respectively? The former link is probably quite obvious but the latter was mainly inspired by eight espressos and a Samurai Jack marathon, where I realised that Aku was an evil space alien with comparable features that I could really envision in a Space Opera along side "The Zapper", and once I'd realised how it might play out, I remembered Ziltoid already existed. :|

Aku and Ziltoid... Ziltoid and Aku... Aku is too badass to be a blood relative of Ziltoid. Probably just a distant cousin by marriage. I bet Ziltoid got the whole "destroy the human race" idea when a cheek-pinching aunt of theirs told him that Aku conquered a time-space continuum, so Ziltoid decided to try to one-up him (and naturally failed).
#208395 by Cg138
Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:17 am
Naz wrote:Am I the only person that thinks Captain Spectacular and Ziltoid might actually be "The Man with No Name: Zapp Brannigan" and Aku, respectively? The former link is probably quite obvious but the latter was mainly inspired by eight espressos and a Samurai Jack marathon, where I realised that Aku was an evil space alien with comparable features that I could really envision in a Space Opera along side "The Zapper", and once I'd realised how it might play out, I remembered Ziltoid already existed. :|

The only real flaw in that theory is that Captain Spectacular seems to be both competent and respected. Though, I do love The Zapper and his very sexy learning disorder.
#208795 by Devy, spelled Devy!
Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 pm
hevysyl_rob wrote:
The Dev wrote:Ziltoid is co-writing Deconstruction...he's got some fucked up ideas...keeping him at bay is a chore.

He shaved his head too...copycat.

dude...pissed my pants reading that...I love you man :P

Was his post in the Decon. thread? I must've missed that post :o
That makes my year, I love Ziltoid - I never thought we'd get to hear from him again - his (omni)presence is always welcome. I hope he comes back pickle-ier, nerdier, and more omniscient than ever!! :mrgreen:
#209900 by Estbarul
Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:38 pm
I think ziltoid is one of the best albums ive ever listen to, and I loved the character, hope it gets a sequel, or like some said cameos hehe, ziltoid FTW!
#210543 by Creepy McPeepy
Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:23 am
ziltoid is in "stand" from deconstruction.
a quote from the demo on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhz423h_nI

"In this part of the story...Ziltoid comes back, and he's pissed...the song is called 'Stand', Ziltoid moves up a dimension and he can smash planets now."
ALL HAIL!!!
#219598 by Darklotus_Alchemist
Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:05 pm
I think Ziltoid should get his own talk show. i hate talk shows but lets face it that would be sweet
#220019 by ctfod
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:58 am
Darklotus_Alchemist wrote:I think Ziltoid should get his own talk show. i hate talk shows but lets face it that would be sweet

After watching this, a talk show wouldn't be a bad idea. :lol: Maybe a webshow where people email/call in?
#220044 by hairbearbunch
Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:11 pm
babymordred121 wrote:

Aku and Ziltoid... Ziltoid and Aku... Aku is too badass to be a blood relative of Ziltoid. Probably just a distant cousin by marriage. I bet Ziltoid got the whole "destroy the human race" idea when a cheek-pinching aunt of theirs told him that Aku conquered a time-space continuum, so Ziltoid decided to try to one-up him (and naturally failed).

Who is this "Aku" you speak of? The real 'Akhu' story is one of benevolence. Finding lot's of opposites relating to this story lately.
Samurai Jack, hmmm, hadn't seen it yet, my mate has it though. Might watch it.
#220116 by Darklotus_Alchemist
Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:58 am
ctfod wrote:
Darklotus_Alchemist wrote:I think Ziltoid should get his own talk show. i hate talk shows but lets face it that would be sweet

After watching this, a talk show wouldn't be a bad idea. :lol: Maybe a webshow where people email/call in?

genius! pure fucking genius
#221796 by OceanMachine15
Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:38 am
I hate looking for the quote, but I recall Devin saying that he took Stand out of Deconstruction and is thinking of straight up making a sequel to Ziltoid once the Devin Townsend Project is finished. Either way, it's my favorite album by Devin, at least for now until I let Addicted digest a little bit. Then we'll see.
#222171 by Leechmaster
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 am
OceanMachine15 wrote:I hate looking for the quote, but I recall Devin saying that he took Stand out of Deconstruction and is thinking of straight up making a sequel to Ziltoid once the Devin Townsend Project is finished. Either way, it's my favorite album by Devin, at least for now until I let Addicted digest a little bit. Then we'll see.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8771

The Dev wrote:...Rehearsals are going great, I'll tell you what, the Ziltoid material is insane. After the DTP, I have a pretty solid feeling there will be a new chapter of Ziltoid...there's some very interesting things going on in his 'live' world...I'll keep you posted...

...I can't wait to finish Decon and the 4th album...that music has been around for years now and I don't want to start the new Ziltoid till it's done. Ziltoid was going to make an appearance on Decon, but he asked if he could do his own record when all this was finished, and we agreed that seeing the music sounds RIDICULOUS with the band playing it, we could probably take it to the moon for 'episode 2'

I think I'd enjoy a sequel, though I dunno how the story would work after the last one being a dream. I dunno. Maybe a lucid nightmare or something more sinister. Anyway, it's miles and months and several other exciting things away...
#225630 by Biert
Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:03 pm
DreamArchitect wrote:Where did I read that Z2 is coming after Ghost..?

Everywhere.