All hail Ziltoid!
#214052 by croomekid
Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:47 am
Ever since the new site went up and Devin made that big post on his plans for the future; he mentioned he "ultimately plan[s] on making symphonies and musicals at some point".
I've always thought the Ziltoid album would make a SICK and ridiculous musical.
I can't stand musicals (save Across the Universe and maybe even Little Shop of Horrors) but a Ziltoid musical would be amazing.
whaddya think?
#228309 by Axxion
Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:23 pm
Now it seems that a Ziltoid musical isn't that far away! Someone here in Finland has offered to fund a musical of Ziltoid! I liiiiike it!
#228333 by Zombie-inc.
Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:26 am
Yeah Axxion you beat me to it. That's pretty cool :D

The Dev said in an interview:
"So Finland offered us a substantial chunk of money to do the whole album, with screens and a choir and performers and the whole works. I’m really excited about that."
#228359 by overtake
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:28 am
That was a real bomb. Really, that sounds so cool that Dev comes to this dark 'n grim place. and plays a musical! Damn! Maybe a DTP gig also? ;)
#228619 by croomekid
Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:39 pm
Hahaha no way, that's gonna be too cool.
Hopefully makes a DVD release, as there's no way I could get to Finland for that.
#231779 by wackotic
Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:06 am
That is way too awesome to even comprehend... two sets... holy shit!

They probably wont announce which festival it is going to be at this date, but they could at least tell us when the official announcement is going to be?
#231780 by grrrv
Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:23 am
wackotic wrote:They probably wont announce which festival it is going to be at this date, but they could at least tell us when the official announcement is going to be?

Who do you mean by "they"?

But usually the metal-oriented festivals in Finland announce their line-ups in time for FME, which is one month from now.
#231781 by wackotic
Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:39 am
"They"= The people behind the event. DT himself, organizers etc.

And i'm guessing this will not be on any "pure" metal-oriented festivals... Tuska is a maybe, but i personally think that Provinssi, Ruisrock or ilosaarirock is more likely. (I'll throw in qstock just for amusement.)
#231825 by swervedriver
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm
Once a date is announced me and some friends will seriously be looking at some roadtrip options for this. 8)
#231827 by Biert
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:04 pm
swervedriver wrote:Once a date is announced me and some friends will seriously be looking at some roadtrip options for this. 8)

Can I hitchhike to Finland in the boot of your car?
#231828 by swervedriver
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:07 pm
Biert wrote:
swervedriver wrote:Once a date is announced me and some friends will seriously be looking at some roadtrip options for this. 8)

Can I hitchhike to Finland in the boot of your car?

Better pray we have a huge car then, looks like there may be 4 of us already. :P