All hail Ziltoid!
#243303 by Odysseas
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:14 am
So, Mr. Devin and crew, can we, humble fans, expect a DVD release, or something close, from your mindblowing Ziltoid show at Tuska?
Any hint would be very much appreciated ;)
THANK YOU ALL!
#243306 by BenRaah
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:57 am
I've been really hoping we get a DVD of it too, seeing as I couldn't make it over to Finland for Tuska. It would be great to see a double disc version or something with the Saturday set on disc 2.
#243316 by hevysyl_rob
Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:48 am
Unless there is mixed wires some where, Devin wrote this as a reply to someone on twitter

I Keep reading over and over, praying and hoping...but it seems to be a clear sign...

"I'm recording the Tuska festival for release, you'll hear (and see!) a new version of Ziltoid!" ...right?

http://twitter.com/dvntownsend/status/12210038874
#243322 by tiong
Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:36 am
From an interview in February:

"MO: Speaking of the Ziltoid musical, is that going to be filmed for DVD?

DT: Oh yeah, yeah. A lot of my work recently has been setting up our on-stage monitoring system as a way to record every show. The first experiment I did with that was obviously the tour I just did, with the show I’m mixing in my studio now from New York, and it’s turned out fabulously well. So my intention is to record every show."

http://www.metalobsession.net/devin-townsend-11022010

So all signs point to yes.
#243324 by Biert
Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:38 am
tiong wrote:From an interview in February:

"MO: Speaking of the Ziltoid musical, is that going to be filmed for DVD?

DT: Oh yeah, yeah. A lot of my work recently has been setting up our on-stage monitoring system as a way to record every show. The first experiment I did with that was obviously the tour I just did, with the show I’m mixing in my studio now from New York, and it’s turned out fabulously well. So my intention is to record every show."

http://www.metalobsession.net/devin-townsend-11022010

So all signs point to yes.

That's audio though, not video.
#243325 by swervedriver
Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:44 am
I think they had several cameras at Tuska though, in the youtube videos I could see some closeups of Dev and such so I reckon there's decent footage available as well. Mix their footage with Dev's recordings (and the videos he prepared specifically for this show), throw some engineers at it, ??????, and PROFIT!
#243355 by GuyOne
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 am
There were at least two video cameras recording and of course all the Ziltoid footage Devy did himself so he had all that already. I was under the impression that only a few days after the Ziltoid gig was announced that Devin mentioned it quietly that he was recording the performance for some kind of special release. Maybe it will be a bundle with Z2 or maybe part of the boxset of Devin Townsend Project along with the New York performance?

No one is really sure right now.
#243414 by mEh!
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:52 am
There was 2 cameras on each side of the stage. And before the show they placed i think 3 or 4 small cameras that looked like webcameras on the stage that pointed towards the band.
Hopefully..
#243622 by pinealgland
Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 am
And devmeister said this in twitter half an hour ago : Almost finished the mix of day 2 from Tuska, will be releasing in several ways along with collected stuff from the other tours very soon.

So i think it's a giveth that we get a little somethingsomething :guitar:
#243634 by Marijn
Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:50 am
That is so freaking awesome to hear!!! :D :D :D

This news made another nice day in my life! :P
#243739 by Chimairacle
Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 am
Yess! Can't wait. I was pretty shattered at not being able to attend Tuska, so hopefully this makes up for it somehow.