All hail Ziltoid!
#251154 by GuyOne
Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:14 pm
Yes, HMX is being sold but I am not worried about it. Unless Microsoft purchases it. Then us PS3/Wii owners might be up shit creek without a paddle.

As long as we keep getting our DLC and especially RBN metal there won't be a problem. HMX promised that it wouldn't affect the weekly release and it definitely hasn't yet. Guitar Hero has definitely felt something: again another week without DLC.

Regarding Ziltoid: Ziltoidia Attaxx!!! is being charted now and apparently Ziltoid is probably going to be the most challenging release on RB yet. They asked Devy if he wanted to wait until the RBN 2.0 came out and they could use the RB3 features but apparently Devy said no and he wanted Ziltoid released ASAP. Huh. I am sure Addicted will use the new features when it gets done after Ziltoid.
#251755 by noble
Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 pm
Hey guys!

Just popped in to let you all know that the charting for the Ziltoid album is going great and tracks are going to start entering the peer review/testing phase very very soon (this week soon if all the paperwork goes through quickly enough).

ZTO is the first track that should be up and running and we've really tried to push the limits on what can be done in Rock Band.

Long story short when Ziltoid breaks into Rock Band to take over, the game doesn't react well to his shenanigans.

We'll hopefully have a preview video of ZTO up in the next 24 hours.

Either way I'll post it here as soon as it's available.

We're all long time fans of Devy's and we're trying to make his first album in Rock Band a memorable experience that NO ONE is soon to forget.

Also once the entire album is out and available Ziltoid will be issuing a challenge to all players to top the leader boards, and dethrone him as the universe's greatest guitar player.

Very unique, special, and one of a kind prizes will be involved. Some from Devy himself...

Stay tuned, and keep it heavy!
#251925 by Hiddos
Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:17 am
noble wrote:We'll hopefully have a preview video of ZTO up in the next 24 hours.
So did this preview video ever happen?
#252051 by Sweethammer
Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:56 am
Double bass versions of songs are now allowed to be released on rock band network concurrently with the single bass pedal version. Whether or not this means we'll see a Ziltoid with double bass or if there will be a rerelease of Ziltoid later with RB3 features and double bass is up in the air though.
#252134 by noble
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:15 pm
Sorry this took so long to get up and running. Our video editor has exams at college, so I opted to get the recording equipment and start uploading myself. Just got the equipment today, and here's the first video!

Please keep in mind that all of these are works in progress. You probably will spot errors or charting gaffs that are not indicitive of what the final product will look like.

Now that the 'legal blabber' part is out of the way lets get onto the good stuff.

This was our first attempt at ZTO.

The theme of the album is that Ziltoid is 'breaking into' Rock Band and taking over the entire game. Removing control from the player and putting everything in Zitloid's control. Over the course of the album the player will fight against Ziltoid to regain control of Rock Band.

In the opening track ZTO, Ziltoid first makes his presence known, and the effects of him hacking Rock Band are the venue, characters, animation, and camera effects are all spazzing out from this unknown intruder.

We really wanted to make this track something that no one has seen before in the game. That included camera cuts in the range of 20-60 a second. The characters animating and behaving 'out of control', including animating and 'talking' when there are no vocal parts to cue them to do so, just be as unique as we could with this one to set the tone for the entire album.

This first pass we really went hog wild with the 'spazzing out' effects. It was deemed a bit much and this version was scrapped.

A new version has since been put together to tone back the spazz outs, and introduce the 'garbage vocal chart'. Where Ziltoid's effect on the game has some interesting phrases the players is forced to say to keep from failing out.

Here's the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UACDNHTEY
Last edited by noble on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#252135 by noble
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:54 pm
This is our second run at ZTO. The most notable change is the venue, lighting, and camera cuts have been really toned down. The second change is the introduction of the 'garbage vox'. Meaning that Ziltoid has hacked into the Vocal chart and is forcing the player to say all kinds of zany phrases to appease him. Of course the effect of him doing so sometimes spits out gibberish phrases the players has to 'sing' as well.

We felt there was too much of the garbage vox in this take, and it's going to get parsed down to only happen when there's no actual singing or Ziltoid himself isn't speaking.

As it is now when the player is speaking the garbage vox over Ziltoid it just seems too cluttered and busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSSEmQchdMc

A third version is well under way.
#252240 by Hughie
Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:14 am
I agree with your feelings and look forward to the third try ! Thanks for the updates :D
#252241 by GuyOne
Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:18 am
Herp a derp derp! LOL!!! That was hilarious. Looking forward to this. Though I agree that the second version might have had a little too much with the garbage vocals. During Ziltoid's speech at the end there shouldn't be any garbage vocals. Blahhhh.

But looking forward to seeing more videos soon and this eventually appearing on Wii. :D
#252250 by Chimairacle
Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 am
Agreed, except I think the garbage vocals near the start seem out of place, maybe it's just me. Some nice touches especially on the dialogue front. Can't wait to see the next version.

And yeah, I'll be pretty devastated if this doesn't make Wii, I have all the Guitar Hero crap and I was going to go out and get a copy of Rock Band just for this DLC.
#252448 by Ultimetalhead
Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:03 pm
I am interested if this will become available on all platforms. If it's for the RBN, the songs are typically only released for Xbox 360, and then PS3 at a later date, and Wii at an even later date. I hope it is able to be worked out that all platforms receive the content at the same time.
#252532 by GuyOne
Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 pm
It also depends on how popular the track becomes. That is why most metal gets pushed out to all three consoles because there isn't a whole lot of metal included with RB as it is.

I would imagine this will be on Wii in no time. The matter of the exclusive month plus maybe a month or two more. It helps that Wii gets 10 RBN a week while PS3 only gets 5. Go Wii!
#253297 by GuyOne
Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:51 pm
It's been 2-3 weeks do we have an update regarding ZTO? I thought I'd see Rock Band Aide include the intro track in their most recent Xbox RBN releases... :?