All hail Ziltoid!
#245515 by swervedriver
Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Antiyou wrote:Not that I dislike Ziltoid, it's a great record. But, does it seem weird to anyone else that this is the release that is getting attention? With all the outstanding SYL/DTB/DTP material, it's the coffee puppet alien album that is going to get Dev to the masses?

I don't understand people at all.

Coffee puppet alien album is something different, something to set it apart from being just another addition to the Rock Band franchise. From a marketing perspective it makes a lot of sense.
#245523 by YardGnome
Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:27 pm
Not here to brag or anything, but I just happen to be the "yardgnome736" that Devy was tweeting at. I've bugged him a few times about getting into Rock Band through the Rock Band Network (along with a few other bands, like Cynic) and I asked him again mainly to try and keep it at the front of his mind to let him know how much some of his fans wanted it to happen. When he told me that it was happening, I nearly shit a brick. I cannot wait.
#245534 by debs
Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:51 am
it would be cool to see this and if it dsoe happen it could tie into Z2 :)
#245592 by Wander
Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:46 am
This is crazy cool. I quite like Rock Band and playing Ziltoid on it sounds pretty much too good to be true.
#245594 by GuyOne
Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:30 am
Wow that is awesome. Too bad I don't have anything that plays Rock Band. xD
#245604 by Octillus
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:23 pm
ppinkham wrote:I don't play the Rock Band games, but my son is stoked. I might have to give it a shot. I love video games, but I tried Guitar Hero a few times, and it frustrated the hell out of me. I was like "Can't i just use my real guitar? I know this song!" lol

Rock Band 3 is supposed to have some sort of in-between controller coming out. Which is great for a guy like me. I dabbled playing for about 4 years, but I never really became that great (I was a very busy teen when I was learning) but it'd be fun to take those tertiary level skills and play along to something far beyond my ability, at least hitting root notes or something.

But anyway, point is, maybe you'll be able to play when it actually plays more like a guitar, or maybe it'll be worse.
#245606 by Jono
Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:21 pm
Octillus wrote:
ppinkham wrote:I don't play the Rock Band games, but my son is stoked. I might have to give it a shot. I love video games, but I tried Guitar Hero a few times, and it frustrated the hell out of me. I was like "Can't i just use my real guitar? I know this song!" lol

Rock Band 3 is supposed to have some sort of in-between controller coming out. Which is great for a guy like me. I dabbled playing for about 4 years, but I never really became that great (I was a very busy teen when I was learning) but it'd be fun to take those tertiary level skills and play along to something far beyond my ability, at least hitting root notes or something.

But anyway, point is, maybe you'll be able to play when it actually plays more like a guitar, or maybe it'll be worse.

Weren't we all busy teens? (fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap)

and to those who say "why ziltoid?" because it's one damn badass album. It's newer so the masters are available. and its a fucking badass album. did I say it was badass?
#245608 by Octillus
Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:35 pm
Fair enough, but I was editor in chief of my school newspaper, taking a full load of high school as well as two courses at the junior college two nights a week each, and working the swing shift as a waiter at a local restaurant 4 nights a week. I was burnt out that summer, and I'm pretty sure I haven't had the energy since :P
#245626 by ppinkham
Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:24 am
Waitaminute...

Peavey and Zivix Announce Partnership to Revolutionize Music Gaming

June 11, 2010

PEAVEY INT'L. HEADQUARTERS — Peavey® Electronics, one of the world's largest manufacturers and suppliers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment, is bringing their music expertise to the videogame world by announcing a strategic partnership with developer Zivix. Peavey and Zivix are introducing the Peavey HeroMaker, a revolutionary full-sized six-string electric guitar and game controller, and the newly developed JamParty: Be the Music casual music videogame coming to console for digital download and PC in fall 2010.

Peavey and Zivix debuted both products at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3)

Developed on Gamebryo LightSpeed, JamParty: Be the Music enables burgeoning musicians to be com e instant producers, mix-masters, and lead guitarists. Players can transition their mastery of traditional rhythm based music games into actual player-controlled live music creation using JamParty's gigantic library of chords, beats, vocals, and soundscapes. Users can create and play songs, then share their music with other players as MP3s or upload to listening devices and social networks. JamParty is designed for use with the new full sized HeroMaker guitar, and is also com patible with existing USB supported Rock Band ® and Guitar Hero® guitar controllers.

In addition, Zivix developed a patented "Finger Sensing" system that Peavey integrated into their six-string electric guitar, creating the HeroMaker, a full-sized guitar featuring real strings and frets to let any player play notes, slide and pick. With the HeroMaker, you can make live music and build basic guitar-playing fundamentals while playing your favorite music video game. You can then plug into a real amp for a fully functional guitar.

The guitar can be used for Rock Band:

Zivix has developed a patented Finger Sensing system with it’s first commercial application in a real electric guitar. Turn heads while playing your favorite music games – Rock Band, Guitar Hero and JamParty.

Could the whole Rock Band: Ziltoid thing be due to the fact that Peavey is working with Devin and Rock Band? It would be interesting to see if any other Peavey artists will be involved in upcoming Rock Band projects. It would be a hell of a great marketing move.

http://www.peavey.com/news/article.cfm/ ... rticle.cfm

http://www.zivix.net/products.html
#245757 by Chimairacle
Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:56 pm
Oh, wow. I am so glad guitar hero gear is compatible with rock band. I'm a guitar hero fanatic pretty much. All I need now is a home internet connection to actually buy this stuff off the network. :wink:
#245821 by The Oid
Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 pm
Fuck yes! I was hoping Devin would add his music to one of these games. Seems like a perfect way to get more exposure, and being able to play his songs in Rock Band would be a lot of fun.

I tried to get my work to licence some of his tracks for the game I worked on most recently, but no dice :( (They did licence some pretty good stuff though, on the bright-side)
#246134 by catharsis
Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:41 pm
unforunately the track list for rock band 3 looks God awful except for maybe half a dozen songs. and yea the new guitar is pretty much an actual guitar that you can even plug into an amp and play sans video game.
#246149 by TallNerdGuy
Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:10 pm
catharsis wrote:unforunately the track list for rock band 3 looks God awful except for maybe half a dozen songs. and yea the new guitar is pretty much an actual guitar that you can even plug into an amp and play sans video game.

RB3's tracklist looks like one of the most solid lists in a rock music rhythm game in years, IMO.
#246170 by catharsis
Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 am
are you serious? amy winehouse, b-52s, beach boys, blondie, devo, elton john, foreigner, joan jett, tears for fears?? UGH!!! almost the entire setlist may not necessarily be bad songs (bohemian rhapsody, walkin on the sun, the power of love, stuff like that) but come on, can they be any more generic? living in america? WTF? who wants to play songs like that in a video game? plus A LOT of songs have already been on guitar hero.