All hail Ziltoid!
#250612 by GuyOne
Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:18 pm
Well even ifit doesn't come out before Christmas it is not a problem for me. I still have RB2 and 3 to play through.
#250751 by GuyOne
Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 am
Someone posted on the Rock Band forums that the first track for Ziltoid has gone into RBN testing and apparently from what this person says the tracks are really something special since they are all exclusively re-done for RB. No mention what the song is.
#250766 by Quaid
Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:27 am
With how terrible the pedals are...I'd love to see if even Haake himself could putt off Bleed.
#250808 by Quaid
Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 am
Oh I know... Haake said something like 90% of the time he spent recording was dedicated to bleed. If he had that much trouble with it with nice pedals, there's no way anybody is making that happen with shitty rock band pedals... I think the Ziltoid stuff is going to be ridiculous on drums. Ziltoidia Attaxx? If that song is in there, it will be near impossible on drums.
#250830 by GuyOne
Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 pm
Here is the word on the RB forums:

Ziltoid is in testing stages and the entire album will be released one track at a time as it is converted to RB format. The entire album is about Ziltoid convincing the player(s) that plastic guitar playing is not only for NERDS.

The user who is involved with putting Ziltoid on RBN says that Devy hopes to have all SYL, DTB and DTP on RBN. Ziltoid should be completely online by Christmas followed by Addicted in early 2011 and The New Black sometime after that. If sales go good and Devy is satisfied with the outcome then they will continue to release albums.

This is absolutely killer news. Imagine Rock Band with the only artist to have all their albums online is Devin Townsend?! Epic.

I have a feeling Devy would go with it no matter how well/bad it sells because he just wants to get his sound out there to as many people as possible and if he isn't pouring bucket loads of money into it then why the hell not do it?!
#250831 by Quaid
Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 pm
If his whole catalog was added to rock band...I don't know if my XBox would ever have another game in it.
#250832 by GuyOne
Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm
I would die if Wii totally missed any Devy on RBN. I would instantly go and purchase an Xbox.
#250841 by Quaid
Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 pm
It's the only reason I went out and bought RB. I used to play guitar hero way back, but I got tired of it. With devy's material coming, I couldn't resist.
#250863 by GuyOne
Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:43 am
I never enjoyed Guitar Hero. I have 3 and Metallica but man I feel like it is just so super cheap compared to Rock Band. Especially now that RB3 is out I feel like it is a polished and superior experience over the arcade feeling Guitar Hero series. I have always hated the menus and just the look of the highway. Too bad metallica is exclusive to Guitar Hero. I'd play their songs A LOT more if they were on Rock Band.

I recently rearranged our living room just to make it more Rock Band friendly!
#250899 by Blazingmonga
Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 pm
GuyOne wrote:I would die if Wii totally missed any Devy on RBN. I would instantly go and purchase an Xbox.

This may have been answered already, or maybe it is common knowledge...but if get Rock Band for my Wii, can I download these new Devy songs?

I seem to remember that DL content was not supported on Guitar Hero/Rock Band/one of these things. I'm totally out of the loop here! Help?
#250903 by GuyOne
Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:14 pm
It went like this for Wii:

RB1 didn't have any DLC and was actually a very poor port of the PS360 version that missed a lot of features.

RB2 was a near direct port and about 2 weeks after release had the DLC store up and running and has gotten all the officially released DLC but only 80 of the (nearly or possibly over not sure) 1,000 songs available on the Rock Band Network (which is where 3rd party groups can change songs to Rock Band format and release them.

RB3 is now released and is again a near direct port of the PS360 release. DLC store in tact and getting roughly 10 tracks a week of RBN songs as well as all the regular DLC.

So you will not miss any normal DLC released my HMX but Wii only gets 3rd party RBN tracks that sell well and are popular. There has been a lot of really good stuff released lately especially Amberian Dawn (check out. Awesome opera power metal). But if Devy doesn't sell well on Xbox 360 then it is unlikely that it will see release on PS3 and eventually Wii.

But I think it will do well because Devy is well known in the metal community and the songs are great. People always check out the newest released DLC and when they hear the likes of By Your Command, Hyperdrive and Planet Smasher they will come flocking for it.
#250908 by Octillus
Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 pm
Just be wary as Viacom is selling off Harmonix, so even though they say DLC should be alright, it might not be...