All hail Ziltoid!
#246185 by Octillus
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:45 am
catharsis wrote: beach boys, blondie, devo, elton john, foreigner, joan jett

You shut your dirty mouth. Just because this list isn't metal enough for you, doesn't mean anything.
#246200 by catharsis
Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:05 pm
I hope that was sarcasm. "not metal enough" isn't the problem. i like a lot of elton john for example, but how does that fit into rock band? i know they're adding a keyboard but still. and that was just a small sample, the entire list is pretty shitty. it would better fit on a karaoke game, but not a full band. good luck trying to find a drummer to play whip it or imagine. wow, sounds like fun! where can i sign up? and man, you know what song i just haven't heard enough of for the past 20 years? i wanna be sedated. what a great song!
#246216 by Octillus
Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:22 pm
catharsis wrote:I hope that was sarcasm. "not metal enough" isn't the problem. i like a lot of elton john for example, but how does that fit into rock band? i know they're adding a keyboard but still. and that was just a small sample, the entire list is pretty shitty. it would better fit on a karaoke game, but not a full band. good luck trying to find a drummer to play whip it or imagine. wow, sounds like fun! where can i sign up? and man, you know what song i just haven't heard enough of for the past 20 years? i wanna be sedated. what a great song!

Well it wasn't implied like a serious insult, but there's nothing wrong with other genres. Whip It is a simple beat, but you know sometimes those songs are among the funnest with a few drinks and a nice party game.
#249840 by GuyOne
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 am
Unfortunately I missed the original announcement of Ziltoid for Rock Band but it might not be that bad after all. I would have had to wait two months to get more news. So now that I know about it it is great to see things such as the above photo so quick.

I'll be purchasing for Wii ASAP (ASAP as in as soon as it is released for Wii which is a three or more months after PS3 which is a month after the 360 RBN release).
#249841 by Taskusorsa
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:44 am
Isn't Wii actually getting more RBN songs than PS3?
#249844 by GuyOne
Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:07 am
Taskusorsa wrote:Isn't Wii actually getting more RBN songs than PS3?

Not sure if you follow it but Wii has recently gotten a few updates where a lot of RBN songs have become available on Wii. I guess these are the most popular tracks? They were all relatively new songs. We are still missing out on a few gems like Meshuggah. :x

If a lot of work is being put in my Devy just for the RBN release of Ziltoid I could imagine it would be released on Wii as well shortly after the 360 version.
#249876 by JuZ
Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:34 am
ppinkham wrote:From Dev via Twitter:

Maybe the greatest thing ever, drawn by the amazing Rohan Voigt (who is also doing the Ziltoid comic) this will be the pic for RockBand Network Ziltoid. Rohan is THE MAN

I must concur with my learned colleague - Rohan is indeed the man.
#249887 by Taskusorsa
Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:16 am
GuyOne wrote: I could imagine it would be released on Wii as well shortly after the 360 version.

That's what I was thinking too.
I looked into it a bit and I found out that Wii gets 10 songs a week while PS3 gets 5 so there probably won't be a huge gap between the Wii and PS3 releases.
#249911 by GuyOne
Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:48 am
Taskusorsa wrote:
GuyOne wrote: I could imagine it would be released on Wii as well shortly after the 360 version.

That's what I was thinking too.
I looked into it a bit and I found out that Wii gets 10 songs a week while PS3 gets 5 so there probably won't be a huge gap between the Wii and PS3 releases.

This double the amount of tracks for Wii is because they have been playing catch up ever since the late launch of the Music Store for RB2 Wii. But now we have been getting more and more RBN songs released each week to catch up with that now that the Music Store is pretty much at the same level. Only thing now is that I have to catch up with the DLC. :D
#250362 by Death'o'Musak
Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 am
catharsis wrote:are you serious? amy winehouse, b-52s, beach boys, blondie, devo, elton john, foreigner, joan jett, tears for fears?? UGH!!! almost the entire setlist may not necessarily be bad songs (bohemian rhapsody, walkin on the sun, the power of love, stuff like that) but come on, can they be any more generic? living in america? WTF? who wants to play songs like that in a video game? plus A LOT of songs have already been on guitar hero.

Indeed but I'd take a guess and say its a marketing ploy to force people to buy the DLC (Downloadable Content).

antiyou wrote:Not that I dislike Ziltoid, it's a great record. But, does it seem weird to anyone else that this is the release that is getting attention? With all the outstanding SYL/DTB/DTP material, it's the coffee puppet alien album that is going to get Dev to the masses?

I don't understand people at all.

Its true but you have to admit its the most outlandish thing Dev has done since I think, so like swervedriver said, from a marketing *cough* money grabbing perspective, it makes sense.
#250486 by Mr. Bat
Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:41 am
I might be out of the loop here but has there been any word on the release date for this?
#250603 by GuyOne
Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:13 am
No word yet. That sketch of Ziltoid rcking the RB guitar was the last mention of the release. I would imagine it is ready to go and in process now.