All hail Ziltoid!
#245837 by THRILLHO
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:56 pm
Hey all,

I should start by saying that I love the Ziltoid album, and it sounds great to me, just want to clarify a few things...

1- Did Back on Black use a master tape when putting Ziltoid on vinyl? I have a feeling that it may not be, because of how the songs fade in and out from one side of the records to the next.

2- Are the lyrics in the cd booklet as badly off (from the actual lyrics in the songs) as they are in the inside of the vinyl gatefold?

3- I notice when looking up images on the internet of the album cover that there is a "10c" in the upper right, and I assume this is the cd cover. I thought that was kind of funny, but alas on my vinyl cover it has "1" in the same spot instead. What in all the omniverse could "1", sans any unit symbols, be referring to on the vinyl cover?

4- Also there are no lyrics for Hyperdrive in the vinyl version, do those lyrics exist in the cd booklet? Fortunately I also purchased Addicted in vinyl format, and the gatefold has not only the lyrics to Hyperdrive, but also the part from Ziltoid at the end of it:
"[Narrator:]
Having made their way through space, Captain Spectacular and his intrepid crew have arrived in nebulo 9.
Unbeknownst to the humans, Ziltoid has also arrived

[Ziltoid:] Haha! Surprise!"

lol how could the lyrics be messed on both albums (Addicted and Ziltoid the Omniscient) like this? It's kind of disappointing, but on the other hand rather funny. Ziltoid is still one of my favourite vinyls in my collection. Love the purpley records! :D
#246753 by THRILLHO
Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:56 pm
JoaoPirucas wrote:The cd booklet does not have the lyric from Hyperdrive too.

Thanks for the reply. This makes me feel better. I thought I might have gotten ripped off, compared to people who bought the cd. :P
#247062 by static2
Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 am
THRILLHO wrote:Hey all,

I should start by saying that I love the Ziltoid album, and it sounds great to me, just want to clarify a few things...

1- Did Back on Black use a master tape when putting Ziltoid on vinyl? I have a feeling that it may not be, because of how the songs fade in and out from one side of the records to the next.

check out the vinyl thread in the main DT section, as lots of people have been weighing in on this exact question. personally, considering Dev has had minimal contact with Back on Black, the complaints about BOB's vinyl pressings for other bands, and the fact that the songs fade out at the end of each side, i would hazard a guess that the Ziltoid master - and all the other masters for the BOB Dev vinyls - are remastered rips of the retail CDs.
#280191 by wyldweasil
Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:44 am
I know this is some what off topic, but can someone post a pic of the album cover and sleeve?
I'm looking to pick up Ziltoid on Vinyl as well as a few other of my all time favorite records to hang on my wall.