#317118 by Blood Music
Sat May 18, 2013 4:59 am
Strapping Young Lad
"Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing" Gatefold LP
"City" Gatefold LP
"SYL" Gatefold LP
"Alien" Gatefold 2xLP
"The New Black" Gatefold LP

Will go up for sale in loose copies (outside the box set) this coming WEDNESDAY, MAY 22nd at 5PM Finnish time.

We will only have 75 copies of each on white vinyl and 75 copies of each on black vinyl. There will be *no* 7" and *no* Demos & Rarities LP.

We will split them into 45 copies of each into our "worldwide" store and 30 copies of each into our USA/Canada store.

They will come on 200-gram vinyl with printed inner sleeves. Same versions as in the box set.

First come, first served. The box sets are almost sold out, as well. Once gone, they are gone.

#317150 by Blood Music
Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am
SYL albums go live for sale tomorrow (May 22nd) at:

7AM Los Angeles
10AM NYC
3PM UK
4PM Germany
5PM Finland
11PM Tokyo
Midnight Melbourne (Thurs, May 23rd)

Limited to 75 copies (worldwide) of each color.
#317425 by Antiyou
Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:20 pm
Been a while since I've been here. Also noticed a bunch of oldtimers pop into this thread.

I just wanted to say that I have Ihsahn's first record issued by Blood Music and it is extremely well produced. I have been following them for years since the first hint of the SYL set.

Have no fear, judging by the quality of the Ihsahn set, this will be exceptional quality. This will be the definitive SYL retrospective.

I have a Die Hard and Die Soft splatter on order and can't wait!
#317744 by Boerbel
Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:39 am

"The Strapping Young Lad Box Set is FULLY SOLD OUT, 2-3 days before it hit the streets. We're totally proud, floored, and humbled. Thank you all so much for the support. This was the riskiest thing we've ever done in our lives, and we're glad to see it was a very worthy cause.

We're already 80% done entering shipping information into our systems [possibly 100% by this evening]. We will begin shipping this week, and we should have all materials shipped within 2 weeks from now at the very latest.

For those few of you who don't care for SYL (yes, we realize there are a few), we thank you tons for bearing with us during all this. It was an incredibly massive work for us, and we thought the perfectionism of such a work and its very great supporters deserved such focus. SYL-mania is soon coming to a thundering close!"

Blood Music on Facebook
#317783 by Kaartinen
Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:50 am
Got my die hard boxset today. Amazing work, the best vinyl box I've ever seen. The SYL book isnt' very thorough, if someone was expecting that. I read it in 15 minutes.
#317807 by stuz
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 am
IT. HAS. ARRIVED.

#317811 by Blood Music
Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:12 am
90% of box sets now shipped. We've got quite a list of positive endorsements here, positive notes from around 100 people already. This sold out just before pre-orders ended.

Thanks to all of you who helped support!

#317828 by timr64
Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:27 am
Mine arrived today. Fucking Beautiful. Thankyou Blood Music.
timr64
#317930 by Ehvan
Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:17 pm
Got my splatter edition. It's absolutely amazing. And it has nearly completed my Devin Townsend vinyl collection. The only thing I am missing would be Decon, Ghost, Punky Bruster, The Hummer, and Devlab, none of which have been pressed to vinyl.

#317937 by RobD
Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 am
Just this minute had my Alien and New Black copies delivered. Would've gone with the box set had I had enough money, but these are fantastic, can't wait to listen to them. Might order chicken feather if I get enough spare this payday :mrgreen:

Does anyone know if this pressing of City sounds much different to the Century Media pressing that was done a couple of years ago? I have it on fluorescent pink vinyl, but would be interesting to know if it's different sonically too.
#318069 by static2
Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:18 am
RobD wrote:Does anyone know if this pressing of City sounds much different to the Century Media pressing that was done a couple of years ago? I have it on fluorescent pink vinyl, but would be interesting to know if it's different sonically too.

it will undoubtedly sound vastly different. Troy Glessner remastered everything just for this box. also, i've read many a review stating the CM pressing of City is horrible quality and very noisy, which is about the opposite of the Blood Music pressings (i swear they use the best pressing plant in the world!).

and why the hell they'd pick fluorescent pink is anybody's guess...