2%
2%
20%
20%
5%
5%
#176741 by Snorkle
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:19 am
I mean really.... c'mon!!! City represents everything great about metal and all the 14 of us that bought HAARHT are stoked! lol. The only reason i chose City above Alien is that i have many fond memories of harrasing asshole DJ's in metal clubs trying to get them to play Detox! When all they would play was Linkin..sorry, Stinkin Krap! Alien is fucking intense, but City just rocks beyond belief. I tried to describe it to my friends and a said it was like Fear Factory in the biggest ever tornado! Then again, i was on speed! lol. City still remains on my cd player (cos im frikkin poor and dont have an ipod) and a cool reminder of the day when my music taste changed forever! Bless the dev! :twisted:
#187897 by hevysyl_rob
Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:00 pm
ALIEN! The album with love on it ! the song that made my fall in love with all things devy :P

i first head alien after buying a metal hammer magizine with the dvd containing th emusic video for "black label society - In this river" and i loved that song..but one day i forgot to put it on repeat and after it was the extended version of love? and it blew me away...ever since that day..ive never been the same :D

I LOVE YOU DEVIN! :P
#193551 by Fartin' Martin
Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:31 pm
CITY
My very 1st SYL. I knew nothing of these guys then except for Gene back when he played for Dark Angel, and the singer who was bald and was a frontman for Vai. I pushed that album to many of my friends which has lead them to become fans today. Whether it be for DTB or SYL.
#193645 by psychotic
Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:31 am
Wow, this is really close.

In the end I had to go with City, just barely over Alien.

When I got City I realized that while, at first, there were no huge standout tracks to me, outside of the Cop Shoot Cop cover, which I think SYL did a million times better than the original, and I love the original, was just such a strong album. I don't know what it is with that album, but song after song it blows me away.

When Alien first came out it was my favorite. From there it did wear on me a bit, but very quickly picked back up for me. It's a very close battle between Alien and City. In fact, I think Alien contains more standout tracks on it with Shitstorm, Zen (which holds a very special meaning to me after listening to it multiple times after the suicide of a friend of mine), and so many other tracks, and I'm one of the few that loves Info Dump as well. However, that starts where the album loses it's ground to City (although not to almost any other album out there). Info Dump and most of the rest of the album are things that I almost have to listen to at different times because of how different they are. It's like I'm in the mood for them at different times. However, even with a couple more Alien tracks instead of Info Dump I think I like City more in that Info Dump is at the same time another reason I like Alien more since it is something different it gives me something from Alien that I'm always in the mood for. I know it doesn't make much sense, but yeah, City is almost the holy grail of music for me while Alien is pretty amazing itself.
#197044 by AppleQueso
Wed May 06, 2009 7:27 am
Don't make me pick between Alien and City please.

I loathed the third album, and didn't care for the first one either. The New Black really grew on me after a while, and really there are only three tracks (Monument, Fucker, studio version of Far Beyond Metal) that really drag the album down for me. I still say Wrong Side is one of the best SYL tracks, and while a lot of people have a distaste for You Suck, well it was one of the first SYL songs I heard so I guess I find it more tolerable? The album isn't quite comparable to Alien or City imo, but it's definitely not terrible.