2%
20%
20%
5%
5%
#197447 by AppleQueso
Sat May 09, 2009 10:04 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Whoa, they showed Strapping videos on MTV? :o

And you were 12? :lol: Cool though. I just think I'd have been frightened if I'd heard Devin at 12 haha Keep in mind Marilyn Manson used to scare me when I was little. Kind of embarrassing actually.

Yeah I've seen the Love? vid a couple of times, and Relentless I know had a lot of plays back when that album came out. Pretty sure Wrong Side got a lot too.
#197714 by AppleQueso
Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 am
Devy, spelled Devy! wrote:Hm, I guess that was back when MTV had some balls, and well....

actually played music videos. Can't say the same for them now :|

Well to be honest, it was MTV2 I saw it on, but whatever.
#206949 by MrBeasty
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 pm
The New Black is awesome. City is my second favorite.

Alien I can't seem to get into [beside a couple songs]. Most of it is just mush w/ endless screaming on top ... I can't tell what's going on in there. At times, it's like listening to a jet engine. I wish it had the mix quality of the Self-Title album or that of The New Black.

Re:

#214005 by cheesecake
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm
Puzzleface wrote:The hardest album for me to listen to in one sitting is HAARHT. It's not that I don't like the album but I can only listen to two or three songs at a time before I turn it off or put in something else. It is such an intense and, pardon the expression, insane album. My brain has troubles absorbing it in anything more than bite sized pieces.

That is exactly how I feel. 'Insane' is the perfect word to describe it. The album is almost like listening to the thoughts of someone completely freaking out.

As far as listening to it in one sitting goes, its like Metallica's St. Anger (for me). I actually don't mind it, despite the fact that everyone labels it as shit - I just can't listen to and more than the first 4 or 5 songs in one sitting. I have done it once or twice but its painful haha.
HAARHT is, of course, far better than St. Anger - just clearing that up.

My vote goes for Alien. But I don't really like to put in font of the others. I'm currently listening to The New Black in it's entirety (2 minutes into Far Beyond Metal - to be exact :P) and I'm having a blast.
#215294 by Robert23
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Alien, with City VERY close behind. Alien just has a more frantic, schizoid feel to it, which I feel usually fits what I'm feeling. "Possessions" was actually the first song I heard with Devin's involvement that I liked.
#218866 by Helge-Uwe
Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:47 am
Definitely City, there leads no way past.

I rank the SYL album second without even thinking, I think it's a very very underrated album, especially among "devin-fans". A fact I can't understand at all, the production might not be as crushing as it is on Alien (which I consider to be a top album, but still far beyond met.. erm, SYL), but epic (and still blasting) hymns like "Force Fed", "Aftermath", "Relentless" etc - not to forget the mighty opener - or songs of sheer brutality i.e. the Rape Song are hardly being found on Alien for example, which still offers too many "weaker" songs in my opinion (compared to SYL-standards of course) but extraordinary great on the other hand (Love?, Zen, Shitstorm).

I truly love the some kinda "black metal" riff in "Last Minute" from the s/t album either.

The New Black is a very good and more melodic/catchy album as well, which maybe just lacks a bit of passion. About HAARHT has everything been said, a good debut to show what was to come.

So:

1. City
2. SYL
3. Alien
4. The New Black
5. HAARHT
#222825 by korbendallas
Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:51 pm
This is "City" for me !
The first time i've listen to it, it was like ... "wow ! what's that ...." I didn't understand ... too many things scratching on my face ... and a friend give me "Ocean Machine", this one makes me feel Devin's sound and i could hear "City" with prepared ears ! Amazing one !
#223007 by AppleQueso
Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 am
Chicken feather being underrated? Ha I'd say HAARHT is underrated the most. So many great yet unloved tracks on there, Critic definitely being one of my favorites from it. Hell I enjoy the whole album, I've listened to that one in one sitting as a whole about as much as I have City/Alien. I do not like chicken feather at all compared to the rest of the material, especially when I first heard it. I'll listen to it these days every one in a while, and I don't hate it, but I really think it's very weak compared to pretty much everything else the band has put out. The New Black is decent enough.

For me, City>Alien>HAARHT>The New Black>Chicken Feather.