Get down there and... well, you know the rest

#159007 by funny_little_guy
Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:29 am
hahaha, thanks that was awesome.

#159010 by JayjayAbnormal
Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:33 am
Did they ironically use that Ministry album cover? I mean that album wasn't techno at all, it was thrash-metal :P

#159044 by shiram
Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:39 am
some "troo" metallers dont consider ministry any kind of metal, mostly and falsely based on their earlier days as a techno kinda band

nice comic though

#159048 by frequency-lsd
Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:08 am
haha great! :lol:

#159058 by The Oid
Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:35 am
Ministry aren't thrash metal, they're industrial. Unless their sound has changed massively since I last heard them.

Not considering them to be metal, has nothing to do with being elitist, and everything to do with the fact that they're an industrial band.

Whether or not you consider them metal, depends on whether you consider music genres that are heavily influenced by two different genres, to be part of both genres.

I'd consider them to be partly a metal band, due to the genre they're in, but they're definitely not thrash metal.

#159064 by junkmonkey
Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:22 pm
ahh i remember this haha!there were a whole bunch of others ones too,funny stuff :lol:

#159065 by Josiah Tobin
Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:36 pm
The Oid wrote:Ministry aren't thrash metal, they're industrial. Unless their sound has changed massively since I last heard them.

Not considering them to be metal, has nothing to do with being elitist, and everything to do with the fact that they're an industrial band.

Whether or not you consider them metal, depends on whether you consider music genres that are heavily influenced by two different genres, to be part of both genres.

I'd consider them to be partly a metal band, due to the genre they're in, but they're definitely not thrash metal.

Have you heard Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Blood? Thrash metal if I ever heard it. Maybe some industrial influences, but not much. And yes, Ministry have 'massively changed' their sound on a number of occasions. :wink:

#159096 by The Oid
Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:43 am
No, I've not heard any of their recent stuff admittedly. I just assumed that it couldn't possibly be true, and was more likely to be a result of the mislabelling that happens when people aren't familiar with industrial.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if they changed their sound that drastically, bearing in mind the whole "With Sympathy" thing and all. Haha

#159104 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:01 am
Ahh, well, it's very true:
http://www.distractionware.com/josiahto ... thrash.mp3
:)

They kinda went from Synthpop > Industrial > Industrial rock > Industrial metal > Industrial METAL > Sludge metal > Sludgier metal > Really fucking noisy industrial metal > Thrash metal > Thrash metal > Uhh... Modern metal? ...Following each of their albums. Too bad they're done now, though... :cry: At least they went out on a good note.

(Psst... Don't tell anyone... But I like With Sympathy)

~Josiah

#159110 by JayjayAbnormal
Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:15 am
The Oid wrote:No, I've not heard any of their recent stuff admittedly. I just assumed that it couldn't possibly be true, and was more likely to be a result of the mislabelling that happens when people aren't familiar with industrial.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised if they changed their sound that drastically, bearing in mind the whole "With Sympathy" thing and all. Haha

They've left Industrial pretty much after Dark Side of the Spoon :lol:

Btw, I'm VERY familiar with Industrial, its in a lot of my taste these days :)

#159117 by Josiah Tobin
Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:37 am
JayjayAbnormal wrote:
The Oid wrote:No, I've not heard any of their recent stuff admittedly. I just assumed that it couldn't possibly be true, and was more likely to be a result of the mislabelling that happens when people aren't familiar with industrial.

They've left Industrial pretty much after Dark Side of the Spoon :lol:

I'd say after Animositisomina actually, that album was very industrial in a lot of ways.

#159122 by The Oid
Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:21 am
Ahh Dark side of the spoon is the most recent album of theirs that I've heard, so that explains it.

Yeah, listening to that mp3, I'd agree that they're very thrashy.

I'm surprised that I hadn't heard about this before though. I guess everyone I know that likes Ministry hasn't bothered to keep up with them either.

#159126 by frequency-lsd
Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:50 am
Josiah Tobin wrote:Really fucking noisy industrial metal

What album would you suggest for that style? i only know rio grande blood