Get down there and... well, you know the rest

#160998 by frequency-lsd
Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:04 pm
when i saw the topic title i was expecting something like Mike giving his opinion on Wolfmother :lol: but he seems to like Strapping

Mike on Wolfmother(still my favourite youtube video hahaha)

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZKDvJTxZDbA[/youtube]

#161007 by sj_2150
Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:38 pm
Forgive Australia for them Frequency

#161011 by Kristopher
Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:02 am
forgive me for saying this.. i love pattons tunes... but damn what an ass hole! ;)

#161016 by wasabi_time
Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:09 am
Haha!

#161029 by KJ Gould
Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:47 pm
Watching Patton react randomly to Wolfmother while in an interview was pure Gold! :lol:

#161054 by Josiah Tobin
Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:24 am
Haha. I find it a bit strange how he criticizes them, asking 'what decade are we in?', right after saying he's working on an album full of 70s Italian music. :roll:

Never heard Wolfmother before, but it just really bugs me when someone bashes something and expects everyone to agree that it's terrible. People who don't realize that 'good taste' in music is itself a matter of taste.

#161111 by Das Schuetzenfest
Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:02 am
But if someone never extends his musical boundaries and sticks to the current and very limited niche of commercial pop music - without knowing anything about music history or anything about different styles like jazz, classical, world music, electronic or progressive rock - I consider this person's taste to be shallow. This may sound "elitist", but what can I do.

#161113 by JayjayAbnormal
Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:27 am
Too bad Patton's rhetoric isn't as good as his music, then I probably would've cared

#161116 by rgx612a
Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:48 am
Josiah Tobin wrote:Haha. I find it a bit strange how he criticizes them, asking 'what decade are we in?', right after saying he's working on an album full of 70s Italian music. :roll:

Never heard Wolfmother before, but it just really bugs me when someone bashes something and expects everyone to agree that it's terrible. People who don't realize that 'good taste' in music is itself a matter of taste.

Have you ever heard "Directors Cut"? Should I even ask?

When Patton does covers, he puts his own spin on it and modernizes it and completely makes it his own.

Wolfmother are obviously doing nothing new, and while i don't hate their music like Patton obviously does, i can certainly see where he's coming from.

He's always hated retro music. I've heard interviews from back in the early 90's where he's said this.

Doing covers and adding an original spin to it is not the same as sounding like you're playing in the 70's.

#161118 by gozu
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:51 am
i agree JT. but he really did say 60s italian music... that aint a cover

#161119 by Archetype
Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:58 am
Well, obviously, music is all a matter of taste, but I'm just glad I'm not the only one who dislikes Wolfmother.
It's not the genre, because that's cool. But 30 years ago, they did it better and there's no way in hell, that Wolfmother will reach the status of those older bands.
What's the matter with saying a bands sucks? Isn't that an opinon too? Like Wolfmother gives a shit; as long as they sell records, people can say anything about them they like.

#161155 by frequency-lsd
Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:13 pm
:lol: :lol: Another Patton v.s. Wolfmother
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XT26VjTfug[/youtube]

#161157 by gozu
Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:34 pm
oh i have on problem with him diliking him its just the what year comment, just doesn't sit well with me

#161165 by Josiah Tobin
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:04 pm
Archetype wrote:What's the matter with saying a bands sucks? Isn't that an opinon too? Like Wolfmother gives a shit; as long as they sell records, people can say anything about them they like.

I don't mind people saying something sucks, that's their opinion. It just annoys me when they expect everyone else to agree with them and can't comprehend why anyone would like it. That's just the impression I got from the clip, really. Same goes for people who can't comprehend how someone can dislike certain bands-- oddly enough, most Meshuggah fans I've met just can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that some people just don't think Meshuggah are complete geniuses and the best band on the planet. But yeah... That's not really relevant. :P (Disclaimer: I enjoy Meshuggah quite a bit. I just wouldn't call the music totally genius)

~Josiah