Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#178099 by Purple Tentacle
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm
Hi,

I've just read on another forum that there were rumors of a SYL reunion in March '09. Has anybody else heard about this too? I think it would be MORE than AWESOME. Especially if they decided to make another album.
#178105 by Pathological_Frolic
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:54 pm
I don't see a SYL reunion in the future, given Devin's general dislike of touring, especially with such physically demanding material as is presented in SYL.
#178107 by BlueRaja
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 pm
Purple Tentacle wrote:Hi,

I've just read on another forum that there were rumors of a SYL reunion in March '09. Has anybody else heard about this too? I think it would be MORE than AWESOME. Especially if they decided to make another album.

The Mike Portnoy Forum. :wink:
Yeah...that was news to me as well.

But what do I know? Odder things have happened.
#178122 by Biert
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:33 am
I don't see it happening. Devin seems happy in the place he's in right now, so there's no reason to bring back SYL really.
#178142 by Purple Tentacle
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:57 am
BlueRaja wrote:
Purple Tentacle wrote:Hi,

The Mike Portnoy Forum. :wink:
Yeah...that was news to me as well.

But what do I know? Odder things have happened.

hahahaha, yes, YES. Indeed. The Mike Portnoy forum. That's were I got the news.

I'm sad to see that it seems so unlikely to most of you... I was SO happy to learn there was a rumor about this. I've been waiting for this since the band stopped all activities.
#178731 by Kivenkantaja
Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 am
Purple Tentacle wrote: I've just read on another forum that there were rumors of a SYL reunion in March '09.

I don't buy that. I don't recall Devin giving that exact dates ever. 4 months beforehand? No way.
#179543 by Lawrence
Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:49 pm
The Dev wrote:Yeah, uh...

no.

Thanks for clearing that up, i didnt believe it anyway. I think youve already made it clear that your not in that mental space right now. Was listening to Alien for the first time in like a month. I can tell you were really feeling that at the time and its damn scarey!

Law
#179556 by AlucardXIX
Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:01 pm
The Dev wrote:Yeah, uh...

no.

At least I got to see you guys once. That one little off show in St. Pete, Florida when SYL was on Ozzfest.

What about another DTB tour?
#179558 by Devymetalnut
Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:02 pm
I got to see the Lad the day before they played download in a little cosy club in England, Portsmouth Wedgewood rooms and guess what Dev said?

'Fuck download people.... I prefer these little gigs' haha. Funny guy. That gig was awesome, so much more personal than download, that said i missed it that year and apparently was a spectacle to behold.

To be honest in my personal opinion, whatever Dev chooses to do is awesome as i feel ive had an awesome amount of musical inspiration aswell as music from the guy, so im in his debt really. (If you need a production assistant/whore don't hesitate to give me a holler, getting pretty savvy ;-).)
I'm sure there will no doubt be projects in the future involving the other guys from Strapping, or at leat we can only hope...... and pray..... and grovel
#179612 by Synthetic_Urination
Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:37 am
I think it would be interesting for Devin to play SYL songs from a different point of view, make fun of the music a bit and play it differently. I would totally dig an even more sarcastic look at SYL haha