Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#191591 by Biert
Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:48 am
It wasn't staged! They had a guy from the audience up on stage to sing Far Beyond Metal, and well some nights the guy is better than others. All night the guy was better than Drew :D

I know this because I read it in an interview. So it must be true!
(Any witnesses here?)
#191594 by swervedriver
Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 am
*raises hand* I also read it in an interview! I think that's also where I read that it didn't even sound as ridiculous live, but when they went in to mix the sound they could barely hear Drew's voice. When they found it, isolated it and amplified it it sounded like... well, like Drew.

Besides Drew I like the performance of some stagehand (Cam?) in Far Beyond Metal as well. Guy has a massive scream. :D
#191603 by Biert
Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:55 am
swervedriver wrote:Besides Drew I like the performance of some stagehand (Cam?) in Far Beyond Metal as well. Guy has a massive scream. :D

IIRC he was the singer on the The Amazing Punchdrunk album, which Gene drummed on and Devin produced. I think it was released on HDR, not sure about that. Cam also appears on TNB and maybe other SYL albums too. IIRC.

Sometimes I feel like a walking Wiki :D
#191659 by hairbearbunch
Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:19 pm
Did Cam appear in Far Beyond Metal at a Melbourne gig? (the first one I think). Recall standing near the front of stage next to a dude sitting on an amp, all of a sudden he jumps down, gets up on stage and SCREEAAMED like a crazy mutha fucka.
#191712 by Leechmaster
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:25 pm
Biert wrote:
swervedriver wrote:Besides Drew I like the performance of some stagehand (Cam?) in Far Beyond Metal as well. Guy has a massive scream. :D

IIRC he was the singer on the The Amazing Punchdrunk album, which Gene drummed on and Devin produced. I think it was released on HDR, not sure about that. Cam also appears on TNB and maybe other SYL albums too. IIRC.

Sometimes I feel like a sitting-on-my-ass Wiki :D

Fix'd. :wink:
#236081 by JohnnyResin
Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:30 pm
i thought it was great, and the guys in the band obviously enjoyed it.

don't take shit so seriously, it's bad for you...