Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#191537 by therapist
Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:49 am
What happened to this cover song. Or was it just a joke I failed to get?
#191753 by cheesecake
Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 pm
therapist wrote:Why? godammit.

It "didn't fit the flow of the album" if I remember Dev's words correctly.
#217515 by Aggbala
Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:34 pm
i hope devin can release a demo collection for the SYL fans. i mean he has release 2 demos from his solo work. why cant he release demos from SYL then? :(

just heard to the original and i lol'ed so hard. and then it makes me wonder how it should sound when devin sings it xD
WOAH WOAH!xD
#219876 by ctfod
Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:29 pm
It was recorded during the Alien sessions, wasn't it? If it was recorded during the New Black sessions, I think there's a chance we'd hear it.
#219974 by Biert
Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:36 am
It was planned for Alien but I don't know if it was ever recorded. They also did a cover of Zodiac by Melvins, which ended up on TNB.
#224152 by AppleQueso
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:24 am
Nearly everything I've heard about it points to the fact that it was never fully recorded. If I remember people used to ask about it constantly back on the SYL forums when they were still up, and that seemed to be the answer everyone got.
#224723 by black_tooth_grin
Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:10 pm
Was it actually recorded, or was it only a concept at the time?

I know he did mention it didn't fit the album, but on the Alien doco it was on the songlist of the album in the studio, so I'm assuming they already recorded or practiced playing the song.
#226798 by Josiah Tobin
Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 am
As I remember, the official answer was that only the (partial?) drum tracks were recorded before they decided to ditch it. I think I recall reading/watching/hearing/ that Deivn wanted to do it but the rest of the band thought it was a little lame, or something. That could be a blatantly wrong or nonexistent memory but it's there for some reason, so... take it with a grain of salt?

Oh and Biert, didn't Zodiac end up as a bonus track on some editions of Alien, not TNB? It's been awhile so I could be wrong.

~Josiah
#226801 by swervedriver
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:00 pm
Zodiac is on my copy of The New Black, so I think you're wrong on that one.

As for the song discussed here, I don't even know the original. :P
#226875 by Blazingmonga
Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:17 am
swervedriver wrote:Zodiac is on my copy of The New Black, so I think you're wrong on that one.

As for the song discussed here, I don't even know the original. :P

Zodiac was on the Japanese release of Alien, but was also on some releases of TNB.

So...err...everyone is wrong apart from me?
#226891 by Biert
Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 am
Or, everyone is right, including you ;)