Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#195399 by ScottMcTony
Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:14 pm
daneulephus wrote:Wrong Side is great, but All Hail the New Flesh still gets me everytime. ~chills~

I'd say that's my third favourite, behind Love, but the "and all you are is all you are... I'm so sorry, I'm sorry..." gives me chills.
#195431 by The Oid
Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:16 pm
City is my favourite, All Hail the New Flesh is probably one of the best metal songs I've ever heard. Especially the balls to the wall part at the start when the drums come in, holy shit. There's not many songs that still sound as heavy 10 years after you first year them.

Alien is just as good though, to be honest.

Weird to think that Alien might never have happened if not for September 11th.
#195440 by JanPK
Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:45 pm
what gives me goosebumps everytime is the middle-part of Detox which starts with "How did I get here tonight?...". especially at "I'm lost, I'm freaking..." you can feel the desperation like in no song afterwards.

so yeah, I also think City ist the definite SYL record (never could even think of skipping track of that one ;) ), but regardless of the lyrical content, Almost Again and Wrong Side are really beautiful songs to me.
#195445 by robvondoom
Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:39 pm
I generally class Alien and City on the same level personally.

For me they're just different enough to be equally as amazing as the other.

I seem to have four favourite pairs in that I also love AE and Terria together, Ziltoid and Ki together and the two ambient albums.
I dig syncronicity and stuff, so it seems to have bled into my unconsious thought processes.
#195458 by ScottMcTony
Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:05 pm
I just realized that if Deconstruction is going to be heavier than anything he's done before, Alien included, it will destroy my brain.
Either that or be all death growl-y, or be like, mathcore with vocals as harsh as Shitstorm.