Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#239256 by Pik_Nick'92
Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:04 am
I think this has probably been mentioned before but I stretch on this. Oh My Fucking God: so much talent and diversity in that song. I mean, I can hear industrial metal, thrash metal (verse perhaps), black metal (Dev's screaming at the start and at other points in the song). It seems dev can do anything with his voice. I'm suggesting maybe a breakdown of the song here? I think I might've had one of my moments where I finish listening to a song I've heard hundreds of times and started thinking, "man this songs got balls". :lol:
#242159 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:37 am
Trivia: some of the lyrics were inspired by the Batman graphic novel Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. :mrgreen:
Yeah, this song is truly fucking awesome.
#242180 by Falk
Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:00 pm
Pik_Nick'92 wrote:I think I might've had one of my moments where I finish listening to a song I've heard hundreds of times and started thinking, "man this songs got balls". :lol:

Yup', same here.
I like how this song to me sort of sounds like all the "fucked-upness" of the industrialised world summed up in 3'30". The "time is now an object" line is particularly strong. In a way it's a bit like Ants from Infinity, except much much heavier.
From the samples at the beginning ("well, gentlemen") to the crazy build-up before the last chorus, just perfect.
#242766 by CutManMetal
Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:56 pm
I love how the bridge goes absolutely insane. So much is going on that it's hard to make out what the hell you're hearing the first time you hear it.
I remember hearing it for the first time and literally pausing to wonder what all I had just heard.

I had to listen again immediately.
#243097 by Pik_Nick'92
Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 am
Falk wrote:
Pik_Nick'92 wrote:I think I might've had one of my moments where I finish listening to a song I've heard hundreds of times and started thinking, "man this songs got balls". :lol:

Yup', same here.
I like how this song to me sort of sounds like all the "fucked-upness" of the industrialised world summed up in 3'30". The "time is now an object" line is particularly strong. In a way it's a bit like Ants from Infinity, except much much heavier.
From the samples at the beginning ("well, gentlemen") to the crazy build-up before the last chorus, just perfect.

Yeah, same here with the lyrics, goddamn its so deep and meaningful.
In particular, I just love the first verse and how they're sung. I mean, If Dev's singing that verse all in one breath, then thats pretty fucking crazy.

I always had this belief that OMFG holds the same connections with Shitstorm. Just two songs that could be the soundtrack of a serial killer's mind. I even made up my own genre for those two songs: Someone-taking-something-special-to-you-and-destroying-it-in-front-of-you metal. I know its long, I'm only just interpreting the aggression in the music anyway haha.