Get down there and... well, you know the rest
#248207 by Dirt_Pride
Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:47 pm
http://www.cdwow.ie/CD/strapping-young- ... /dp/356251

9. Mega Bulldozer?

I knew it was called landscape or something like that then officially Thalamus..wow

Planned Bonus Track (TBA)!!!!???????

Somebody explain.

#248220 by Dirt_Pride
Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:24 pm
What's New Pussycat?..?
#248284 by Dirt_Pride
Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:56 am
"Japanese Edition with planned Bonus Track! More details "closer to release""

It's not even out yet..

I wish more people would post and fill me in with the details. :shock:
#248301 by Falk
Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:42 am
A reyou sure it's not an old database entry that was kind of forgotten or left uncorrected ?

I read this "Released 12/04/2005"
IIRC, Pussycat wasn't fully recorded, maybe just the drums.
#248305 by Dirt_Pride
Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 am
Falk wrote:A reyou sure it's not an old database entry that was kind of forgotten or left uncorrected ?

I read this "Released 12/04/2005"
IIRC, Pussycat wasn't fully recorded, maybe just the drums.

Could be, i also seen that release, but still i never seen that album cover...
#248375 by static2
Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm
y'all are late in the game on this one: "Mega Bulldozer" was one of the initial names for "Thalamus" (so good work there!), but it's been well known that the Japanese version of Alien has several bonuses — "Zodiac," "Love (Extended Version)" and "In the Rainy Season (Live)."

i STILL haven't found a copy that will ship to Canada.
#248392 by Dirt_Pride
Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:55 am
static2 wrote:y'all are late in the game on this one: "Mega Bulldozer" was one of the initial names for "Thalamus" (so good work there!), but it's been well known that the Japanese version of Alien has several bonuses — "Zodiac," "Love (Extended Version)" and "In the Rainy Season (Live)."

i STILL haven't found a copy that will ship to Canada.

Ok thanks, this website has canadian version as well http://www.cdwow.ca/CD/strapping-young- ... /dp/356251
#248560 by static2
Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 am
^ thanks Dirt_Pride, i emailed CDwow asking about it and they confirmed the goods:
CDWOW email wrote:Thank you for your patience.

I write to you with regards to the “Alien (Bonus Track) (Japanese IMPORT)” CD.

I have been contacted by our Buyer, who has confirmed the image and track listing have been updated on the website. The track listing is as follows.

1. Imperial
2. Skeksis
3. Shitstorm
4. Love?
5. Shine
6. We Ride
7. Possessions
8. Two Weeks
9. Mega Bulldozer
10. Zen
11. Info Dump (Instrumental)
12. Zodiac ( Melvins Cover Version ) ( Bonus Track )
13. Love ? ( Extended Version ) ( Bonus Track )
14. In The Rainy Season ( Live ) ( Bonus Track )

Kind Regards,
Mervin | Customer Services Representative
CD WOW!

funny that they "confirmed" it's called "Mega Bulldozer!"
#248565 by Odysseas
Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:18 am
Why are albums with bonus tracks and other goodies always released as "japanese extended version" and you can only order them via internet... or buy'em in Japan?
Sometimes I really don't understand this business...
#248583 by static2
Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:07 pm
Odysseas wrote:Why are albums with bonus tracks and other goodies always released as "japanese extended version" and you can only order them via internet... or buy'em in Japan?

because CDs are expensive as all hell in Japan, and record companies/bands need to attach bonus tracks and other goodies to entice Japanese consumers to buy the official retail product over much, much cheaper bootlegs and imports. plus, now that albums are getting released with goodies stateside just to get people more interested in buying physical product, it's like they have to use the same tactic worldwide.
#248649 by Dirt_Pride
Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:39 pm
static2 wrote:^ thanks Dirt_Pride, i emailed CDwow asking about it and they confirmed the goods:
CDWOW email wrote:

funny that they "confirmed" it's called "Mega Bulldozer!"

Hey did you buy it? It seems a bit over priced especially if you own the original..

also is Info Dump really instrumental lol
#248660 by djskrimp
Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 pm
static2 wrote:
Odysseas wrote:Why are albums with bonus tracks and other goodies always released as "japanese extended version" and you can only order them via internet... or buy'em in Japan?

because CDs are expensive as all hell in Japan, and record companies/bands need to attach bonus tracks and other goodies to entice Japanese consumers to buy the official retail product over much, much cheaper bootlegs and imports. plus, now that albums are getting released with goodies stateside just to get people more interested in buying physical product, it's like they have to use the same tactic worldwide.

You ain't kidding. New releases are anywhere from 25 to 35 dollars here. I seem to recall England being pretty close to that, though.
#248673 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:41 am
Every time I see an album with a bonus track exclusive to a certain country only, I do a mad "OH COME ON!!" Not only is it tempting to import, but it makes me wonder why the hell it couldn't come with the CD proper, even if it's lesser comparitively. Of course, if said extra track is put on a later release, such as a seperate EP, then I lose the stress; even more so if it's a cover song, no matter how good it may be.

Plus these bonus tracks were later bonus tracks for The New Black digi, so.