We have returned!

#163186 by Biert
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:14 am
I don't think he had a math teacher back in 2005 when he was 33...

#163188 by steve_dave
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:19 am
I just think it's a pissed off song, by a dude who's pissed off at lots of shit... shitstorm.

Thankyou.

Although when he's done it live he's introduced it by talking about a huge poo - cloud on the horizon... So who knows?

#163192 by BrunoN
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:32 am
steve_dave wrote:I just think it's a pissed off song, by a dude who's pissed off at lots of shit... shitstorm.

Thankyou.

Although when he's done it live he's introduced it by talking about a huge poo - cloud on the horizon... So who knows?

Wow, it was performed live? Were there any casualties?

#163194 by steve_dave
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:39 am
I think I've seen them do it twice, but the second time was at download festival and I was very VERY drunk... So the only casualty probably would've been me!

#163218 by chrisslight
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:54 am
They didn't play it at Download did they? I don't remember seeing it? Maybe you were so drunk you thought you did, which is not a bad thing to happen. I only remember seeing at the Astoria show where I met you, sir Steve_Dave.

*Edit* No..I met you when they supported Arch Enemy, same venue, but no Shitstorm, heh.

#163219 by steve_dave
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:02 am
Hrmmm... Must've been the gig at the Astoria where Beecher were the only support band.

I swear I've seen it live!

Oh... I still owe you a pint don't I? ;)

#163220 by Lolliklauer
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 am
BrunoN wrote:
steve_dave wrote:I just think it's a pissed off song, by a dude who's pissed off at lots of shit... shitstorm.

Thankyou.

Wow, it was performed live? Were there any casualties?

I´ve seen them playing it live (June 2005), fucking great of course! Gene told us after the show that he had ankle-weights on during the whole concert but put them off for playing Shitstorm (because the feet feel like they are "flying" without the weights). I don´t remember Devin´s announcement but there is something about the meaning of Shitstorm: http://www.hevydevy.com/press/online_interview/2005_interview_mh.html

#163223 by Retribution
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:43 am
Biert wrote:I don't think he had a math teacher back in 2005 when he was 33...

He could've started university studies in secret for all we know ;)

#163232 by Biert
Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:37 am
Retribution wrote:
Biert wrote:I don't think he had a math teacher back in 2005 when he was 33...

He could've started university studies in secret for all we know ;)

Well I remember Tracy saying that Dev is not a math-person, so I'd doubt it ;)

#163312 by chrisslight
Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:23 am
steve_dave wrote:Hrmmm... Must've been the gig at the Astoria where Beecher were the only support band.

I swear I've seen it live!

Oh... I still owe you a pint don't I? ;)

It was that show indeed, poor Beecher, as I recall one of them even came on the SYL forums to defend the bands "not storming off" position. They definatly played it at that show.

And nah, it was your birthday as I recall wasn't it?