We have returned!
#169054 by Mr Clean
Thu May 01, 2008 8:52 am
I'm not talking about Klingons or whatever alien you may think there are... I'm talking about the different editions of "Alien" that appear on Amazon.

I'm looking at three different editions and I would like to know which one is the best buy...

Alien [ENHANCED] [LIMITED EDITION] [IMPORT]: it has a black logo on the cover, the title of the album and no band name... it's a 2 discs edition and has an extra track, 12. Oh My Fucking God [Multimedia Track] (what's that!? =0).

Alien [IMPORT]: it has an orange logo on the cover, the title of the album and the band name in orange too... it's a 1 disc edition and the description says: Japanese pressing which includes bonus track TBA. SME. 2005... and I don't know what those stand for... :?

Alien [ENHANCED]: it has a black logo... the name of the band appears in red but no album name... 1 disc edition... no description of the "enhanced" part...

Finally... Alien [IMPORT]: white logo... title and name of the band in red... 1 disc edition, description says: Special UK Limited Edition of this 2005 album featuring extra tracks and a bonus DVD that features a documentary on the making of the album. EMI. 2006

Ok... I have a copy of Alien but it just have some pics in the multimedia and I don't remember anything else... I want to buy the one with the better features (it could be the one with the making of I think) but I would like to know if there are differences between the tracks... I mean... which one comes with the long version of "Love"? is there any other song-related difference between editions? Which one do you have?

Thanks for the help guys... :P
#169058 by kettle
Thu May 01, 2008 10:31 am
what about the edition with red 'strapping young lad' and silver logo on acetate, on top of the untitled alien cover with a black logo?
#169062 by Biert
Thu May 01, 2008 11:16 am
I have one with black logo and red "Alien" at the cover, and a see-through sheet with red "Strapping Young Lad" and silver SYL logo.

It has the CD (no bonus tracks except Info Dump perhaps) and a 7cm DVD with a Making Of and OMFG Live.

I think the short version of We Ride and long version of Love? only appear on promo's and an early misprint.
#169137 by TallNerdGuy
Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 am
I also have the version with the red logo on the case itself, and the silver logo on the booklet, but it only comes with one cd. It still includes the OMFG vid, but you can only watch it on a computer. No bonus tracks, either.
#169192 by Mr Clean
Sun May 04, 2008 2:27 pm
Thank you guys... I have not made my decission yet but I think that the one with the dvd can be a good choice... sadly Amazon does not have all the editions so I think this one is enough...

Anyway... I'm still curious about the Japanese Edition... what are TBA and SME? :?
#169523 by Atari
Mon May 12, 2008 1:35 am
kettle wrote:what about the edition with red 'strapping young lad' and silver logo on acetate, on top of the untitled alien cover with a black logo?

....which is on my copy with the making of dvd.
#218766 by Antiyou
Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:30 pm
14 months late but...

I believe the extended Love? is on a soundtrack. The Promo version in a cardsleeve is an unmastered version of Alien and I greatly prefer it to the released version. Love is extended on the promo as well.
#230076 by Fira
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:49 pm
i remeber it used to have a different tracklisting too..

landscape became i think thalamus... but i think there was a third name for that track when the tracklisting was promoted before the album came out.
#231296 by Fira
Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm
Biert wrote:I think the short version of We Ride and long version of Love? only appear on promo's and an early misprint.

hmm thats wierd, i got an early rip of alien with the long version of love, but we ride is exactly the same as teh retail version...

do you have this different version of we ride?
#231297 by Fira
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:05 pm
disregard my last... ive just noticed teh extra guitar solos on one version...

thats MUCH better! now i like this song more... i been listening to the bare version for so long!
#231299 by Fira
Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:34 pm
Fira wrote:i remeber it used to have a different tracklisting too..

landscape became i think thalamus... but i think there was a third name for that track when the tracklisting was promoted before the album came out.

ok, i found out now...

"Thalamus" was once called "Landscape" but before that, it was promoted in early press releases to be called "Mega Bulldozer"

source : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/Blabbe ... emID=29991