We have returned!
#230780 by Knotrice
Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 am
It's about time this song got its own thread. Now, what's all this shit about Morse Code and Ziltoid?
#231656 by kasarna
Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:47 pm
Morse code says:"x2+y2=z2 1+1=0 all is an echo relections of an eternal present connect now and emerge om om om" , and the rhythm in Info Dump is similar to Ziltoid's Color your world.

You must acknowledge that Devin is constantly referring to his other works. If you know the song We Ride, the last line he screams is "Connect and emerge". In Info Dump, he reefers to We Ride. Or is the other Way around?
In newest album Addicted, the last word of the album is Deconstruct, referring to next album in the line. Maybe we could make a list of references made in his works :)
#232747 by Knotrice
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm
I was actually thinking that. Something like http://www.ninwiki.com/Recurring_lyrics but with DT stuff.
#273938 by bassbait
Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:35 pm
kasarna wrote:Morse code says:"x2+y2=z2 1+1=0 all is an echo relections of an eternal present connect now and emerge om om om" , and the rhythm in Info Dump is similar to Ziltoid's Color your world.

You must acknowledge that Devin is constantly referring to his other works. If you know the song We Ride, the last line he screams is "Connect and emerge". In Info Dump, he reefers to We Ride. Or is the other Way around?
In newest album Addicted, the last word of the album is Deconstruct, referring to next album in the line. Maybe we could make a list of references made in his works :)

Here's a list of all of the references to other works I've found of what I've heard (keep in mind, I've only heard SYL's stuff, Ziltoid, and Deconstruction) -

1.The first set of references I've heard to past work is in the album SYL, first with the lyrics to "Consequence" being "You failed", which is a reference to Home Nucleonics. Then, the lyrics to "Last Minute" including "I warned you", a reference to Home Nucleonics again (although I could have misheard that "Last Minute" lyric).

2.The second set of references I've heard is from Alien. It starts with "Skeksis" saying "OM", in reference to the song of the same title. Then, he says "And I know you've found your pain, and it's the last thing you'll ever do, and you've only got YOU to thank!". That is a reference to "Recipe for Bait" off of Cooked on Phonics. Then, Shitstorm says "All I've been thinking about is god and death Infinity!!!", which I think is a reference to the Infinity album. Connect and Emerge is a recurring theme of Alien, so I wouldn't call it a reference. Again, this one might not be a reference, but he says "ALL HAIL!!!" which might be a reference to All Hail the New Flesh.

3.The song "Wrong Side" references the song "Zen", and "Fucker" references the album "Alien". The song "Far Beyond Metal" has a riff (right before the second chorus), which references a riff from "Heavy Metal Mama" off of "Cooked on Phonics", which also happens right before the chorus.

4.Ziltoid references "Info Dump" with a similar rhythmic pattern in "Color Your World"

5.Deconstruction references "Addicted", which might be referencing "Alien". Addicted and Alien both share the lyric "Deconstruct", which would become much more relevant when he made the album Deconstruction. Deconstruction references Ziltoid's song "Planet Crusher", with the song "Stand" having a riff straight from Planet Crusher.

That's just based off of the albums I've listened to. The recurring riffs and lyrics I've noticed are probably not very much compared to how much everyone else has noticed.