We have returned!
#240510 by mrbean667
Mon May 24, 2010 10:45 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMr3coRDEHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-iZL47AWk0

Very interesting videos right here fellas.

It is so amazing how so much is going on in such a seemingly simple song! Just a testament to the genius of Dev.

But wait, there's more

Skeksis remix:
"Yup, I'm working on remixing it... give me some time and I'll get on it. "

Fuck yeah.
#240539 by catharsis
Tue May 25, 2010 9:53 am
holy crap that is awesome, really gives me so much more appreciation for gato. where did you read that thing about skeksis?
#240544 by RobD
Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 am
Saw this the other day, I love these videos! Great to have an insight into how he works/thinks.

But what's the remix of Skeksis for...?
#240572 by Abydost
Tue May 25, 2010 3:35 pm
I really doubt he's doing all of Alien but I don't think it would be that out of reach for him to do something with Skeksis. After all, it was his favorite song by SYL. Maybe he's got different emotional associations with that one song than the rest of the catalogue?
#240593 by swervedriver
Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 am
Maybe he was referring to also putting Skeksis under the microscope like he did with Gato and Supercrush. That would certainly make more sense to me than an actual remix.
#240594 by mrbean667
Wed May 26, 2010 3:16 am
That's probably right actually. Skeksis to me is the epitome of heavy production, and it was a surprise to hear that Dev would remix it.
Although it would be interesting.
#240702 by catharsis
Thu May 27, 2010 1:56 pm
swervedriver wrote:Maybe he was referring to also putting Skeksis under the microscope like he did with Gato and Supercrush. That would certainly make more sense to me than an actual remix.

yea that sounds more right. i just don't see him "remixing" any SYL stuff... kinda goes against what he's been preaching in interviews for the last year